You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Holy mother of God I just watched Coma.

Yeah its unreal. Check out DTJ next. Its like going back in time. They just pick up like Chinese never even happened.....except when they play CD tracks which they've somehow improved.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

So, what do we think of "Internal Fixation" as an album title? smile

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

So, what do we think of "Internal Fixation" as an album title? smile

that sounds a bit... I don't know... Freud-ish? big_smile

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Holy mother of God I just watched Coma.

Yeah its unreal. Check out DTJ next. Its like going back in time. They just pick up like Chinese never even happened.....except when they play CD tracks which they've somehow improved.

I did, and Better and Civil War. I'm digesting this, but it's mind-bending that we're in 2016 and this is happening.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

This I Love – I like the Eastern flavour Slash has added to it, but it does feel a little like he's just improvising around it, rather than coming up with a coherent solo with phrases etc. Lot of twiddly stuff, which I'll admit I wasn't expecting. Still like it though.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

CSS 2.0 wrote:

In hindsight I truly wish that this would've happened 10 years ago but... C'est la vie.

Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDfUHTs4bXI

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

bigbri wrote:

I'll just say it to get it off my chest: Slash's solo on TIL didn't work for me. The best parts of the original solo are gone; he only needed to keep those key moments of Robin's solo (the only ones that were good to begin with) and build around it. A maybe it was the audio, but the solo seemed to be completely gutted, which I would expect, but the end result left me wanting to hear how Slash would have done it a little more closely to the original.  I'm thinking of those sections around 2:45, 2:55, when the drums kick in and at 3:35. Hit the original solo at those times, then tear the rest up. Still good shit though, don't get me wrong.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

DCK wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

This I Love – I like the Eastern flavour Slash has added to it, but it does feel a little like he's just improvising around it, rather than coming up with a coherent solo with phrases etc. Lot of twiddly stuff, which I'll admit I wasn't expecting. Still like it though.

I like it, but I agree. Sounds like he's just improvising it.

I'm not sure Better and CD really improved as much as people like to think.

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

bigbri wrote:

Better was, well, better with Slash's solo. I miss Bucket's killswitch and mini-solo before the big solo.

Also, can I say Duff and Melissa doing backing vocals sounds wonderful. I'd like to hear from the Evo members who were there about that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

DCK wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Better was, well, better with Slash's solo. I miss Bucket's killswitch and mini-solo before the big solo.

Also, can I say Duff and Melissa doing backing vocals sounds wonderful. I'd like to hear from the Evo members who were there about that.

Still sounds like he's improvising

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB