You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Imagine an EP of the Slash versions of Chinese Democracy Songs

monkeychow wrote:

Here's some nice vids of Slash's takes on the CD songs:

Slash Outro to Chinese Democracy:

Slash Solo In This I Love:

I'd kill for an EP with these versions released!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'd buy it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Slash just has a great tone...man o man

The album version of CD the starting chugging of guitars sounds so anemic and the fuzz they use sounds terrible ... slashify that shit and it has balls...good to see the BBF slides stay in tact

Any vids of better up close like that?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'd buy it.

Me too.

Interesting thing to me is it seems like a "no brainer" in terms of the ease of creation - There's already full Axl vocal tracks lying around (possibly even revised versions in the case of "This I love") and Slash could record his parts in a matter of a week or so given how fast he works.

It would be very simple to whip up an EP or maybe use 3 or 4 re-done songs as part of a larger box set or collection or something.

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Any vids of better up close like that?

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 84#p287184 tongue

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Lol sorry Atari ... im a bit behind on my reading aparently

Edit...I guess the person who took that better vid kinda resents slashs return...only a couple small sections where he focuses on him

AtariLegend wrote:

Side note, someone pointed out on that other forum that the opening intro to this sounded a little bit like Riad tongue.

You can hear it alot more in the first night.

forward to 36:51

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Side note, someone pointed out on that other forum that the opening intro to this sounded a little bit like Riad tongue.

Totally.

I had a facebook chat going as well as evo during the shows and that first night I remember typing "oh fuck riad?" and then I was like "oh..it's just rocket queen"...

Not that I don't like rocket queen but I'm into these revised CD era songs at the moment!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The album version of CD the starting chugging of guitars sounds so anemic and the fuzz they use sounds terrible .

It was really noticeable to me how rocky these tunes became with Slash. The sound of him playing that opening riff makes me wanna rock out.

I can't stop thinking about how heavy a slash version of riad would be. Less synth but slash chugging those riffs over the drums. It would be almost metalish.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Also notice how 4tus and slash fill up the sound on the CD outro ... almost enough there for axl to rest his vocal chords and let the duelling guitars take it home .... just sayin

Board footer