You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: MATT SORUM 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Granted Matt wasn't a part of that but he shouldn't wear the riots & cancelled shows like a badge or honor. It was all petty, childish & disrespectful to the fans.

In the BBC documentary from a while back, once they get around to the riots part... Matt laughs it off and says sales skyrocketed.

Things like that is what makes me like him. That and his part in Use Your Illusion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

He was being a dick, though. That's why Duff blew up on him. That was my evidence of him being a dick. wink

Fair enough smile

I'm not saying matt's a saint, but I guess my thing is I see him as one of the least problematic in GNR!

If things like him not being into the other VR candidates bug you guys I can only imagine what you make of it when Axl eats a Parisian security guard, or is ruthlessly "held down by 5 fucking assholes when he's not even fighting", or goes off at someone who touches his car door or whatever 16 16 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

He was being a dick, though. That's why Duff blew up on him. That was my evidence of him being a dick. wink

Fair enough smile

I'm not saying matt's a saint, but I guess my thing is I see him as one of the least problematic in GNR!

If things like him not being into the other VR candidates bug you guys I can only imagine what you make of it when Axl eats a Parisian security guard, or is ruthlessly "held down by 5 fucking assholes when he's not even fighting", or goes off at someone who touches his car door or whatever 16 16 16

Tommy Hilfiger fight. axl 16

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fair enough smile

I think Axl only ate a security guard in Stockholm to be fair wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fair enough smile

I don't really care about the situation, he was a dick. And it's a testament on how he treats people, I guess, that he considers beneath him. And it was bad enough for Duff to get in the middle of his shit. I have no problem calling out Axl's bullshit. But seriously, I keep seeing the claim there's no evidence to support the "Matt's an asshole" claims, and when it's presented, it doesn't count!! I think we need to start the Matt Sorum Apologists Network. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't give a fuck if he is a dick or not, what drives me nuts is when people act like Sorum sucks but that Frank is the second coming of Neil Peart or John Bonham.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I honestly can't tell the difference on these videos I'm seeing between Frank, Sorum, Adler, Brain, whomever. I just don't pay attention to drums enough, I guess. If they keep the beat properly, seems like I miss the other "mistakes" or "nuances" these guys might have. Barring some widespread and continuous fuckups, it seems going with what they have now is fine.

Until the AFD5, that is.

Lomax wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev2hIhTblpY

There are not flies on Frank.

Love his feel.
Adler was trying for a Ronnie Tutt feel and there is nothing wrong with that Tutt's a great drummer it is part of what made Appetite great.

but frank has that Levee Breaks tone going on with a punk rock bite to it that I really like.

Neil Peart is overrated

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

And it was a Swedish security guard he took a bite out of, thank you very much!

Jokes aside I do miss his (and Brain's) drumming, I'd be lying if I said otherwise so I do understand - but Frank seems like such a cool guy...

I can't rain on his parade after all these years.

No qualms about his quality behind the kit either. He's not dragging anybody down.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another dick move on Sorum's part was the HOF. He kept hogging the spotlight and mentioning Adler's drug problems. Slash or Duff should have said something to him immediately or signaled him to keep his mouth shut. He was talking out of line.

mister saint laurent wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy needs his humble pie play nice and take his 10-20k per night and then make some money in the studio.

Let's say hypothetically that Axl's personal nightly guarantee is 500k, with Slash at 300k and Duff at 200k (these are just rough figures and they could earn more if the tour ends up being profitable).

While Steven may be willing to take 10k a night just to be involved, Izzy might find that figure very insulting.

A deal has gotta make sense for both sides and in this instance, there may not be a deal that makes sense for both sides. For Izzy, he doesn't need the money and it may not be worth getting on a plane for such a low figure especially when he knows the others are making so much more.

For GNR, it may not make sense to spend a bunch of money on a guest for a show that is sold out anyway and you can't even advertise the guest because you never know if he'll actually show up.

An irresistable force meets the immovable object...

I really feel for Izzy in this situation but I understand the other side's stance completely.  What's going to really suck is if Izzy wanted back in full time to the point Fortus wasn't needed. I can see why negotiations broke down and you bring up a good point on how the guy cant even be included in the promotion. Imagine advertising him and he doesn't even show up. I think the "Izzy is a flake" thing goes a bit overboard but there's definitely some fire under that smoke.

Board footer