You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: MATT SORUM 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

\But seriously, I keep seeing the claim there's no evidence to support the "Matt's an asshole" claims, and when it's presented, it doesn't count!! I think we need to start the Matt Sorum Apologists Network. 16

Well it's just amusing to me, because, as I said there's people in GNR who have done very questionable things yet we overlook them.

It's not that "Matt's Moments" don't count, it's that they don't amount to very much compared to "Axl's Antics" or "Slash's Sins" 16

I mean what are his crimes? He felt that amateur singers they auditioned didn't have the rock credentials of Axl/Scott and the UYI era band. Also he made some jokes about UYI and called out the guys for firing Adler at the hall....

I just think there's some double standards at play in the fanbase over these issues. Like I read every day about how Adler needed to be gone cos he fucked up - but I mean Slash actually DIED just before a show. What would have happened if the didn't revive him or he woke up with damage? But he gets a pass for his behaviour when basically it's only luck.

Likewise Axl seems to mostly be a nice person, but when he isn't then he sure as hell has his moments, there's a reason the guy himself thought he was possessed, Erin said Axl beat her and raped her in the ass....but no one on here uses that as a reason that he shouldn't be singing last weekend.

Yet Matt is held to a higher standard...he apparently is too much of an asshole to be in the band because he's kinda a straight talker and he calls out shit he doesn't like....but other people in the band are not held to this sort of account...they are allowed to play despite their crimes!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It boils down to....."know your role". He's too low on the totem pole to have such an inflated ego. I wouldn't be surprised if his actions at the HOF permanenetly knocked him out of contention for any appearance in the reunion. Even if one or two are interested in bringing him in, it's going to require the blessing of the three and at least one of them has veto power.

You bring up how fans overlook certain "sins" of Axl and Slash yet at the same time you are doing it for Sorum. Hardcore fans always give their favorites a free pass to an extent and will make that persons case. There aren't many making a case for Matt which goes back to the point of him not being needed at this juncture.

Look at all the support Izzy got. Look how it turned out. Matt can only have such support in his pipe dreams.

No one misses the irony of Adler's firing over the drugs. I think Slash even joked about this in the past. Sorum practically gloated about it. If you think this guy wouldn't throw Adler overboard to be involved I got a bridge to sell ya...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

He did act like a real jerk at the Hall of Fame. Pretty sure he talked longer than either Slash or Duff, which is ridiculous. And then he insulted Adler as well during his speech.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If a casual fan did nothing but watch the HOF they'd think he was the star of the band and wrote all the songs while Adler is there for comedy value.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

He did act like a real jerk at the Hall of Fame. Pretty sure he talked longer than either Slash or Duff, which is ridiculous. And then he insulted Adler as well during his speech.

I'll rewatch it tonight to see if my opinion changes but I actually took his speech as pro-adler at the time. He pointed out how it was odd that adler was fired form GnR for drugs....by druggies....which if anything was more a comical dig at Slash/Duff than insulting adler.

I actually thought it was a good approach to use humour to make light of the situation rather than be too serious about the drama of the past. Don't forget Adler back in the day had made many spiteful comments towards Matt as he directed his anger at being replaced towards Matt initially.

Also Matt and Steven have a jovial relationship these days. Look how Adler praises Matt as the best brownstone drummer ever...and then waits a beat before dropping the "except for me!". Pretty Funny.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

\But seriously, I keep seeing the claim there's no evidence to support the "Matt's an asshole" claims, and when it's presented, it doesn't count!! I think we need to start the Matt Sorum Apologists Network. 16

Well it's just amusing to me, because, as I said there's people in GNR who have done very questionable things yet we overlook them.

It's not that "Matt's Moments" don't count, it's that they don't amount to very much compared to "Axl's Antics" or "Slash's Sins" 16

I mean what are his crimes? He felt that amateur singers they auditioned didn't have the rock credentials of Axl/Scott and the UYI era band. Also he made some jokes about UYI and called out the guys for firing Adler at the hall....

I just think there's some double standards at play in the fanbase over these issues. Like I read every day about how Adler needed to be gone cos he fucked up - but I mean Slash actually DIED just before a show. What would have happened if the didn't revive him or he woke up with damage? But he gets a pass for his behaviour when basically it's only luck.

Likewise Axl seems to mostly be a nice person, but when he isn't then he sure as hell has his moments, there's a reason the guy himself thought he was possessed, Erin said Axl beat her and raped her in the ass....but no one on here uses that as a reason that he shouldn't be singing last weekend.

Yet Matt is held to a higher standard...he apparently is too much of an asshole to be in the band because he's kinda a straight talker and he calls out shit he doesn't like....but other people in the band are not held to this sort of account...they are allowed to play despite their crimes!

I said we call out other members for their douchery.

But I take it back, Matt has never done a dick thing in his life. I mean, yeah, guy walks in nervous as all hell, he should have said thank you for Matt treating him like absolute shit. He doesn't have the cred to be treated decently, like a real human being by Matt Friggin Sorum. And what an asshole Duff is for making an issue out of it and expecting Matt to be respectful. Pffff, what a dick.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but it is possible Slash is the one who don't want Matt in a reunion. The famous words from his visit to Axl's house pretty much sums it up "Duff is spineless, and he hates Matt Sorum".

When the lead singer and the lead guitarist have a beef with you, there's a good chance you're not getting called up.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Erin said Axl beat her and raped her in the ass....but no one on here uses that as a reason that he shouldn't be singing last weekend.

Well not to want to get into this again, but Erin herself got arrested a few years ago for domestic violence and a restraining order put on her by her husband/child.

Anyway on a slightly more related note, Meegan's friend Erin still attends GN'R concerts (as she was photographed last non-vegas tour). Not to get into TMZ material, but it's kind of an interesting dynamic? Seems Axl is still with Sasha, but if he wasn't I think there'd be some serious speculation that Erin/Meegan had something to do with Axl/Slash mending fences.

*Just saying* Don't think we've really talked about it here although I can see why people wouldn't want too.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

A woman going to her rapist's shows and enjoying it? Not buying it. I think she withdrew the charges because they were BS. He hit her in the heat of the moment and that's it, imo.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Seems Axl is still with Sasha, but if he wasn't I think there'd be some serious speculation that Erin/Meegan had something to do with Axl/Slash mending fences.

*Just saying* Don't think we've really talked about it here although I can see why people wouldn't want too.

Getting rid of Perla was the key.

Board footer