You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

TheMole wrote:

Well, I'm 36, and I know Ice Cube, The Damned and Lush. All three of those were around in the 80's though...

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

35, I only know GnR and Ice Cube.   

Live stream would be fantastic.    I'd guess the setlist would be similar to the Vegas shows but a pro-shot, soundboard quality performance of this 2016 lineup is much needed.

Lomax wrote:

28 I know about 5

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Wonder if he'll still be on the throne for the remaining shows or whether he'll be able to move around?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Wonder if he'll still be on the throne for the remaining shows or whether he'll be able to move around?

His doc said he'd need about 4 weeks with limited mobility and after that he should be good to go. So he should be fine for the stadium shows.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I think he'll be on the throne for Coachella and Mexico City, but after that he should be able to stand.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The throne was fucking badass. I would like him to keep it. I think his voice sounds better with him unable to run. He just looks like a total boss on that throne and he can actually watch his band mates.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The throne was fucking badass. I would like him to keep it. I think his voice sounds better with him unable to run. He just looks like a total boss on that throne and he can actually watch his band mates.

Yeah, but it takes away from his interaction with the rest of the group. At times it looks like guys want to go up to him, but that throne doesn't exactly lend itself to that. I want to see him back in his natural habitat, moving around. The throne is great for now, but it's only temporary.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I know 6 but not sure if I should be pleased about that?!

Coachella is meant to be one of the worlds biggest festivals, I'd expected a lot more big names considering the hype it always gets. GNR look way out of place, take the money and run lads, don't save any special surprises for this crowd, it'll be wasted on 99% of them.

Other than a major act getting the headliner slot, no one really cares who performs. The name is what sells this event, nothing else. They could announce me as the headliner and the same people go to the event. Strange event this morphed into. I'll always regret not going to see MIA here eight years ago. The festival hadn't been ruined yet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So I think there's a 1am noise curfew.

This gives GNR a possible 2.5 hour set time.

But if there's any form of production delay, or if GNR don't go on stage on time....we could be looking at a short show.

Wonder if Slash will do a Sit-In like DJ did at Leeds a couple of years back.......

Board footer