You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am so glad I didn't go to Coachella.

WTTJ was good. Rocket Queen and NR were bad and Slash was off.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Were you able to sell your tickets and turn a profit?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got my money back. Maybe $50 profit total on the 2 tix.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

XM Sirius is playing Coachella highlights now. Channel 18.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Got my money back. Maybe $50 profit total on the 2 tix.

I'm glad you at least didn't lose any money on it. Coachella seems like a terrible place for true rock fans. The crowd was pathetic in those videos the other night. Standing there like a bunch of zombies holding up their cell phones. I think the crowd environment in 2016 is going to keep me from buying tickets for this tour.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Only death or catatstrophic injury will keep me from the show this summer but I agree in spirit about concert crowds nowadays. I wish the industry would attempt to end this shit but they'll never risk a loss of revenue. As long as people are paying for tickets they don't give a shit if they stare at a phone the whole show.

Theaters are about to allow people to use their phones during movies. In other words, the days of me going to the theater to watch a movie which I do rarely now anyways is about to come to an end. If someone cant go 90-120 minutes without using their phone, instead of the world catering to this obsession they need to see psychiatrists.

It is out of hand.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The phones are definitely out of hand.

Most people here know I'm a huge Batman fan. I made the mistake of attending Batman v. Superman at 3 PM on opening day, which was Good Friday. I live in the Bible Belt, so 95% of the town was off work and out of school. The theater was jam packed and I had a bunch of idiots around me texting or goofing off on Facebook. Distracting as hell while trying to watch the movie. Then at the very end a 2 year old child in the row behind me starts screaming non-stop for the last 5-10 minutes of the movie. There was a dude in the row in front of me who stood up and looked like he wanted to confront the parents, but his girlfriend convinced him to just let it go and sit down.

So going forward I think I'm just gonna attend movies on work nights when it's less crowded. Luckily the theater is only about a minute from my apartment, so I can get out of the movie at 10 PM or 10:30 PM with an easy drive home and it's not much different than if I was just staying up late watching TV or surfing the Internet. But damn I don't like the idea of spending 3+ hours at a movie theater on a work night. Rather be chilling at home during that time. But it's the world we live in now thanks to all the mobile devices people are addicted to in public.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its everywhere. People do it in stores. Just a few hours ago I was at a convenience store buying cigarettes and some woman was reading her damn phone while getting a fountain drink. A fountain drink! I cant imagine needing to text or read the internet so bad that I cant get a cup of ice and soda without interacting with my phone. I'll shoot myself in the face before reaching that level. I see it when grocery shopping as well. Walking down aisles with phones glued to their faces. The lines look like internet cafes in the 90s.

I think there should be mandatory sentences for people in car accidents who cause fatalities and they were on their phone at the time of the crash. Every single day people are dying because of this shit.

I couldn't stand packed theaters even before the phone craze. The main reason are the kids like you mentioned. I go at the first showing of the day or in the middle of the week.

I'm definitely getting old. Those are the types that go to those early showings.....its me with a handful of senior citizens. 16

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Haha, I do use my phone for grocery list but not to goof off in the store. It can be helpful for a grocery list at least. Otherwise it's just pathetic how many people are addicted to shit like Facebook.

Board footer