You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

tejastech08 wrote:

What's funny is a lot of the people bashing him give a total pass to other singers, which is bullshit. I've been plenty critical of Axl's vocals over the years, but it's also fair to say he still has some great moments and it's also fair to say that he has millions of haters who bury their head in the sand.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So let me get this straight. The Rolling Stones were once a dangerous rock band and have been corporate sellouts for decades. Media gives them a total pass even when the two main guys can barely perform their duties (Is Mick talking through the song still considered actual singing? Is Keith's guitar even plugged in?). I guess Guns just isn't old enough to receive that kind of a pass. But Axl sort of made this bed with all of the negative publicity through the decades. Fucker can't catch a break. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. They rip him to shreds no matter what he does. Oh well, he is laughing all the way to the bank regardless of what the media pundits have to say about it.

People hated them back in the day, and they hate them now. Same ole same ole. In the meantime they'll play to packed arenas and stadiums while these writers scrounge around for work anywhere they can get it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to watch, and it almost makes you wish he would have just had one of his classic Axl Rose stage meltdowns. But this Axl Rose today doesn't have any of that rockstar fire. No, the band started on time. He apologized from the stage about his foot: "Sorry, I can't do my thang." The Axl Rose your parents remember would have probably performed anyway and broken his other foot, or refused to play at all. Or played half a set, said fuck it, and ended the show early. He sure as hell wouldn't have apologized.

I don't think I've ever read anything quite as fucked as that review.

I mean seriously? If Axl does any of that stuff he's throughly criticised for being an absolute cunt and asshole, if he shows up despite significant setbacks, is polite and does his damnedest to deliver the goods he has no rock star fire? So basically whatever he does it's going to get canned.

That is absolute bullshit. I'm all for calling out GNR when they do something absurd, but you have to be fair.

monkeychow
 Rep: 641 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

We are definitely hearing things differently. I thought Slash sounded great on NR. I even commented how he's improved the solos to where they're almost note for note now. Listen, I'm no expert, but that was my take.

Interesting..I just watched Coachella then the old Tokyo dvds and I it seemed to me there was more improvisation in the new version and that the old one was pretty close to the studio.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

We are definitely hearing things differently. I thought Slash sounded great on NR. I even commented how he's improved the solos to where they're almost note for note now. Listen, I'm no expert, but that was my take.

Interesting..I just watched Coachella then the old Tokyo dvds and I it seemed to me there was more improvisation in the new version and that the old one was pretty close to the studio.

hey monkey, can you please tell me what website has that audio clip of slash playing silkworms

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

James wrote:

Uh...this one?


But this Axl Rose today doesn't have any of that rockstar fire. No, the band started on time. He apologized from the stage about his foot: "Sorry, I can't do my thang." The Axl Rose your parents remember would have probably performed anyway and broken his other foot, or refused to play at all. Or played half a set, said fuck it, and ended the show early. He sure as hell wouldn't have apologized. How many millions did Guns N' Roses make for this show? How much more will they make in the subsequent tour? And this is what we get? Is this how we're supposed to remember Guns N' Roses now? This is sad.

Wow. He really cant win. Even the hardcore base has rallied around him  but media outlets WANT him to leave the stage or cause other problems? Unreal. Maybe there really is a vast media conspiracy out to get him. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guns N Roses is the Donald Trump of rock bands. Like Donald, they just don't give a fuck what you think.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

We are definitely hearing things differently. I thought Slash sounded great on NR. I even commented how he's improved the solos to where they're almost note for note now. Listen, I'm no expert, but that was my take.

Interesting..I just watched Coachella then the old Tokyo dvds and I it seemed to me there was more improvisation in the new version and that the old one was pretty close to the studio.

I didn't actually compare it to old versions of Slash playing the solo. I was just going off memory. If anything, the solos at Coachella sounded cleaner to me than the previous attempts. In those it sounded like he was searching for the right notes more. I heard a lot less of that the other night. Certainly sounded improved to me, maybe not note for note perfect, but close enough.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

AndyShores wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Guns N Roses is the Donald Trump of rock bands. Like Donald, they just don't give a fuck what you think.

Let's just not.  I like GN'R, it'd be nice to have every reason to continue to.

Re: Guns N' Roses: Coachella, April 16

AtariLegend wrote:

Here's a lengthy and much more positive review;

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/20/11464 … -axl-slash

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB