You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GHOST: Champaign, Illinois

bigbri wrote:

Hey guys, cool thing I'm doing tomorrow. My brother-in-law is a concert promoter, and he booked the Ghost show in Champaign, Illinois. I'm going to meet him there with his crew (it's a couple hours away) and help him load and set up the gig. After set-up, I'll get to be on hand for soundcheck, then get to see the show from wherever. I can choose floor (and I'll be inside before the public) or balcony.

After the show, if things go well, I'll get to go backstage and whatnot. I'm really excited about the whole thing.

I'll try to share photos and stuff here off my Twitter page (there's no way to directly upload photos, is there?). If you want to see it all, my Twitter is @brithewebguy. I'll follow you back!

At any rate; I'm pumped. I know we have a few Ghost fans here, so maybe somebody will find this interesting.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Thats fucking rad man you're gonna have a blast. Ghost is just so good live. Jealous you get to go backstage. Take lots of pics!

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I will! This is my second show. I had a kickass time at their last show a couple years ago. Fun to watch.

johndivney wrote:

Wouldn't be a fan myself but that's a cool experience (I used to like a Japanese band called Ghost tho..). Something more than a little different anyway to break up the working week! Be a bit weird going into the office today, going & hanging out at a rock n roll show all day tomorrow then back to the office on Thursday, should be a bit of a surreal week at the very least.

And anything you upload to Twitter, if you just link to the posts from here the stuff should embed. Have a good one

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I saw them last year while opening for the Foo Fighters (coincidentally the show were Dave Grohl broke his leg while falling off the stage) and was completely blown away... Shocked even.

All I knew was that they were called Ghost and what Papa Emeritus looked like - never in a million years would I have guessed that they were going to be so damn good.

Been on a lovely path of discovery ever since. Definitely the greatest band to come out of the 21st century.

Have a good time!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Cool stuff!

Have a great time

(I feel like I should be ashamed that I've never heard of Ghost lol)

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I'm here. Just unloaded their semi. Stage decks, instruments, lights, all of it. Helped load the green room with food, drinks.

https://twitter.com/brithewebguy/status/722481080066912256

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

https://twitter.com/brithewebguy/status/722484835592220672

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Sound engineer used the "Theme from Shaft" to set up the sound system. I'm told it's a common choice because it is so dynamic with a lot of bass and some very high sections.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sound engineer used the "Theme from Shaft" to set up the sound system. I'm told it's a common choice because it is so dynamic with a lot of bass and some very high sections.

That's pretty hilarious, but oddly fitting for Ghost.

Board footer