You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 19/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Are The Cult even known in Mexico? They're barely known here with this generation.

I don't think it matters. This is all about Guns. They are selling out stadiums in the States without an opener even announced yet. I am hoping the Mexico City crowd is electric.

Of course it doesn't matter. Hell, AIC didn't matter. 16 THis is why I thought they should either get major acts opening like the Stones do or just have no openers at all. I was just wondering if The Cult are even a blip on the radar down there. They haven't been relevant here since 89-91 and haven't been on the map at all since that 94 grunge album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Well the weather sucks. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the show.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Are The Cult even known in Mexico? They're barely known here with this generation.

I don't think it matters. This is all about Guns. They are selling out stadiums in the States without an opener even announced yet. I am hoping the Mexico City crowd is electric.

Of course it doesn't matter. Hell, AIC didn't matter. 16 THis is why I thought they should either get major acts opening like the Stones do or just have no openers at all. I was just wondering if The Cult are even a blip on the radar down there. They haven't been relevant here since 89-91 and haven't been on the map at all since that 94 grunge album.

Cult had that one hit from the "Gone in 60 seconds", that was late 90's maybe early 2000's.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Cult had that one hit from the "Gone in 60 seconds", that was late 90's maybe early 2000's.

"Painted On My Heart" was a great song, especially since it played while Angelina Jolie was in the classic car sitting with her crotch in the stick shift.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Looking like a good crowd despite the shitty weather.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gnrsudameric … 12/video/1

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.periscope.tv/rockylizzye/1djxXDmBooLxZ

THey sound FANTASTIC

Heard Jungle, brownstone, Chinese, DTJ, and now Estranged

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.periscope.tv/rockylizzye/1djxXDmBooLxZ

THey sound FANTASTIC

Heard Jungle, brownstone, Chinese, DTJ, and now Estranged

Just went to check and she's off now it looks like. Anyone else "scoping" the show? Can't believe I just said that. 17

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl sounds really good.. Slash is back in the zone... Not in the funk he was in at Coachella.. "SO FAR".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sonic Temple was a big album. I still play it every now and then. Electric was a pretty big album in the 80s also.

Board footer