You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 19/4/16 FORO SOL, MEXICO CITY, MEXICO

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

CgdQGRtWQAAfIe9.jpg:large

They have dancers?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They had them at Coachella too... Maybe they can afford them since Izzy turned down the money?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl is sounding stronger and raspier at the same time

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sonic Temple was a big album. I still play it every now and then. Electric was a pretty big album in the 80s also.

Both big albums. The Cult have put out consistently great music for decades now. Surprised that some people don't know who they are, or think little of them.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I caught myself staring at them...and then realizing "Hey dude, Slash and Axl are RIGHT THERE and you're looking at this girl's ass."

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Great show. Happy for the fans who sat through rain and hail storm.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Never thought I'd be sitting in 2016 and hearing Axl do a near album version of Coma.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I believe James predicted that GN'R could reach Stones level if they play their cards right. They got off to a great start tonight. The tour is selling amazingly well with hardly any promotion. I believe word of mouth from this show will be great. They will need to keep playing at a high level to maximize their potential.

The Stones played this same stadium twice in March for a combined 117,000ish people. Curious to see if Guns can beat that number. Looked like they had 60,000+ there tonight.

I also looked at the Stones setlist and it's interesting that they pretty much stick to the mega hits from 40-50 years ago. Guns doesn't have a long discography but the quality is extremely high. You got 8 stone cold classics on Appetite and at least that many between Lies and UYI. I'll take the Top 20 GN'R songs against the Top 20 of any other rock band. And that is all you need for a live show to keep chugging along (Stones & AC/DC are good examples).

The fact rock music died right around the time GN'R imploded in the mid-90's has helped their legacy. They end up gaining huge popularity with later generations because we have nothing to cling to. It's all pop and rap stars my age and younger.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah its the world's last big rock reunion anyone cares about. Its why everyone from hipsters to great grandmas are snake dancing with Mr Brownstone.

How many songs did The Cult play?

Board footer