You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Prince is Dead

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How do we know he wasn't in pain and became dependant on them like football players sometimes do.

I think that's likely.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

TMZ now reporting that he overdosed on Percocet last week. He was also seen at Walgreens 4 times in the last week leading up to his death. Witnesses said he would wait outside for someone to bring the drugs to him. He was agitated and pacing outside the door. Sounds like he was a full blown junkie at the end.

It must be a late in life thing, because I always got the vibe he was anti drug and alcohol. He had double hip replacement not too long ago, that could have done it. I hate opiates. First/last/only time I took them, which were percocet, for a kidney stone, it made me stoned for a few hours, felt real good, then I got the shakes, next morning puked my guts out. They said I needed to get used to them... No thanks. That's what fucked up Elvis. He did it so much it destroyed his colon and heart, and ended up killing him.

I recently read that prescription drugs kill more people now than street drugs. Opiate based drugs are handed out like candy by doctors and dentists.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Necessary at times though.

I recently had a kidney stone like ID mentioned, and I was at a point where you'd let someone inject you with anything to stop that kind of pain.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yes, in deed. I had a 5 1/2 mm stone lodged at the entrance of my bladder. The average size is 2!  My niece had one the same size at the same time (we found out our water was high in calcium which caused it) and they had her on morphine and took it out at the hospital.

I can tell you, I tried to tough it out and just couldn't do it. The pain is unbearable. I was put on Flomax at the same time and discovered I didn't need the pain pills. It was a friggin miracle drug and I passed it on my own. No one thought I'd be able to.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have never had a kidney stone but have heard it is like death.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

TMZ now reporting that he overdosed on Percocet last week. He was also seen at Walgreens 4 times in the last week leading up to his death. Witnesses said he would wait outside for someone to bring the drugs to him. He was agitated and pacing outside the door. Sounds like he was a full blown junkie at the end.

It must be a late in life thing, because I always got the vibe he was anti drug and alcohol. He had double hip replacement not too long ago, that could have done it. I hate opiates. First/last/only time I took them, which were percocet, for a kidney stone, it made me stoned for a few hours, felt real good, then I got the shakes, next morning puked my guts out. They said I needed to get used to them... No thanks. That's what fucked up Elvis. He did it so much it destroyed his colon and heart, and ended up killing him.

I recently read that prescription drugs kill more people now than street drugs. Opiate based drugs are handed out like candy by doctors and dentists.

Apparently prescription drugs kill more people than car accidents. That is pretty mindblowing considering how easy it is to get killed in a car wreck.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Concsidering I'm an ex pill junkie that was almost killed in a car wreck, I can vouch for that. 14

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Concsidering I'm an ex pill junkie that was almost killed in a car wreck, I can vouch for that. 14

I actually thought of you while I was writing that post. 14 Glad you are doing OK. Sounded like some scary shit the other day.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Word on the street is that he had Aids.... Rumor is also that when he became ultra religious he believed he was cured (the cocktails make the disease undetectable in his system) so he stopped taking the drugs....  Not saying this is the cause of death, but, this may be true.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Word on the street is that he had Aids.... Rumor is also that when he became ultra religious he believed he was cured (the cocktails make the disease undetectable in his system) so he stopped taking the drugs....  Not saying this is the cause of death, but, this may be true.

So the drug overdose reporting is a big cover-up? TMZ even obtained the audio of the airplane pilot talking to air traffic control begging them to have medical people waiting on the ground for the plane because of a huge emergency with one of the people on the plane. Supposedly he received the revival shot right after the plane landed.

Now it's also possible both things are true (AIDS and pain pills). He did have hip surgery and he likely did have prescription pill dependency. AIDS would just make all of that more dangerous for him.

Board footer