You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Prince is Dead

CSS 2.0 wrote:

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Word on the street is that he had Aids.... Rumor is also that when he became ultra religious he believed he was cured (the cocktails make the disease undetectable in his system) so he stopped taking the drugs....  Not saying this is the cause of death, but, this may be true.

eh...AIDS would be difficult to believe these days. Medicine can allow people to live out the rest of their lives quite easily. Even without medicine, if you live (truly) healthy lifestyle you can live many many years. If I had a choice between a cancer diagnosis and HIV...I'd pick HIV.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Word on the street is that he had Aids.... Rumor is also that when he became ultra religious he believed he was cured (the cocktails make the disease undetectable in his system) so he stopped taking the drugs....  Not saying this is the cause of death, but, this may be true.

eh...AIDS would be difficult to believe these days. Medicine can allow people to live out the rest of their lives quite easily. Even without medicine, if you live (truly) healthy lifestyle you can live many many years. If I had a choice between a cancer diagnosis and HIV...I'd pick HIV.

Rumor is he stopped taking drugs because he felt God healed him. Who knows. He became friends with Magic Johnson if that means anything.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

"Purple Rain" might not have happened at all had Prince not called the band Journey.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … interviews

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Oh, and he did not have AIDS... Please.

Have people seen what a person with AIDS looks like?

They do not look like Prince did, that's for sure.

HIV is a different story but that is a fully manageable disease and has been for quite a lengthy amount of time now. For the record I don't think he had it.

Jehovah's Witnesses only refuse blood transfusions when it comes to medical assistance as their belief is that the Bible prohibits the ingestion of blood.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

But he was friends with Magic Johnson!

wink

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

"Purple Rain" might not have happened at all had Prince not called the band Journey.

Cool read. I was listening to Who's Crying Now in the car this morning and was like, Goddamn Neal Shon is a great guitarist. Looks like Prince thought so too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Cool read. I was listening to Who's Crying Now in the car this morning and was like, Goddamn Neal Shon is a great guitarist. Looks like Prince thought so too.

The Who's Crying Now solo is perhaps my favorite of all time. I'm learning it in my guitar class. It's not too hard. Almost have it all down.

Apparently Prince released a guitar based album. I need to track it down. He was so prolific, much of his stuff was overlooked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Prince's Band The Revolution Announces Reunion Shows

Prince's backing band the Revolution will reunite for performances following the singer's unexpected death on Thursday.

The group announced the news in a Facebook video post with members Brown Mark, Bobby Z., Wendy Melvoin, Lisa Coleman and Matt "Doctor" Fink.

"We have decided after spending three or four days together now grieving over the loss of Prince that we would like to come out and do some shows," Melvoin said, speaking for the band. "We want to let you know that we'll be there soon, so we want to let you know now."

No more specific details have been announced yet.

The band backed Prince starting in Minneapolis in 1979 but was not officially named the Revolution until 1984's 1999. In 1983, Melvoin replaced original guitarist, Dez Dickerson. The group was joined by members of The Family (which included members of the Time) in 1985 and ultimately disbanded in 1986, following the Hit n Run — Parade Tour, with reunion shows following -- both with and without Prince.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … hows-video

--------

This is in bad taste IMO. At least wait until his ashes are cold. I always wondered if Prince would eventually do this reunion but them considering it days after his death is a bit much.

misterID

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The Who's Crying Now solo is perhaps my favorite of all time. I'm learning it in my guitar class. It's not too hard. Almost have it all down.

Apparently Prince released a guitar based album. I need to track it down. He was so prolific, much of his stuff was overlooked.

The only album I can think of is NEWS, it was an instrumental album with 4 tracks at 14 minutes each. It's pretty guitar driven for the most part.

Board footer