You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 23/4/16 COACHELLA - Weekend 2

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Those songs are GNR staples. They aren't going anywhere and shouldn't go anywhere. And I dig The Seeker.

Really? You would rather keep hybrid KOHD or LALD over a new song? That is what you are saying. You are saying they are undroppable.

Over a new song? That's not even an option. Those are concert staples and two of GNRs biggest hits. They're not blocking any new songs being performed.

I like the Seeker. It doesn't have to be played, but it's a fun song and Axl sings it really well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Those songs are GNR staples. They aren't going anywhere and shouldn't go anywhere. And I dig The Seeker.

Really? You would rather keep hybrid KOHD or LALD over a new song? That is what you are saying. You are saying they are undroppable.

Over a new song? That's not even an option. Those are concert staples and two of GNRs biggest hits. They're not blocking any new songs being performed.

I like the Seeker. It doesn't have to be played, but it's a fun song and Axl sings it really well.

What song should be dropped so a new song can be added???  For fucks sake Don't Cry and Patience should both be played and are BOTH bigger hits than KOHD AND LALD. So those are rotated but we get Seeker every night. So you are cool with Don't Cry and Patience being dropped/rotated but KOHD AND LALD never being fucked with. I almost find that offensive.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What song should be dropped so a new song can be added???  For fucks sake Don't Cry and Patience should both be played and are BOTH bigger hits than KOHD AND LALD. So those are rotated but we get Seeker every night. So you are cool with Don't Cry and Patience being dropped/rotated but KOHD AND LALD never being fucked with. I almost find that offensive.

This is really an issue? If a new song is played they'll find room for it. I hear LALD and KOHD on the radio all the time. This is a made up argument, nothing is preventing a new song from being played. When they want to play a new song they'll play it.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I've always thought the GNR catalog had too many mellow songs live in concert.

I remember reading somewhere around the illusions tours that they did this on purpose to avoid the fans energy getting too out of control at any point in time.

A set without KOHD, Patience, Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged, etc.  Would be preferable to me, but would probably kill some people.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They played Out Ta Get Me and that wasn't on the supposed alts/set-list either, so it looks like it's mostly everything from the past few tours with Coma/Double Talkin' Jive added that they rehearsed.

Fans are gonna have to chuck whatever they think is the set list. It's a rotation of deep cuts and we're only a handful of shows in and there's no way to truly gauge what each set will be. Everyone thinks they know the order and here comes something else to surprise you.

They have set lists but fans aren't privy to them. Its why the Prince tribute(or ANY tribute) isn't doable. It cant be squeezed into the machine on short, instant notice. To do it would require them going off their own grid(no pyro, black screens,etc.).

Smoking Guns wrote:

Time to retire Seeker, LALD, and KOHD.

I agree in spirit but ID and tejas are right. They're not going anywhere.

We're not getting a new song now so there's no need to worry about that. In all honesty a brand new, unheard song would actually kill the flow. Pains me to say that but its true. Now if they were to release a song between now and the stadium tour, yeah they'll include it somewhere.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Someone tell me how the fuck is now on untouchable status? KOHD AND LALD? Ok, they are staples. The Seeker? That didn't even start till like what, 2014?

James

James wrote:

Their place on these charts is what seals the deal. When casual fans are pushing KOHD and LALD that tells the band what people are paying to hear.

They're locks.

James

James wrote:

I'm with you on The Seeker. I don't get it. I wasn't paying any attention to those last few tours so I care nothing about it. I'd take anything over that, including a different cover by them.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Someone tell me how the fuck is now on untouchable status? KOHD AND LALD? Ok, they are staples. The Seeker? That didn't even start till like what, 2014?

You know very well I didn't say The Seeker was a staple. I personally like it, but it can stay or go.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I guess people might feel differently about this when they're actually at a show, but what are people's thoughts on the pyro and the dancers?

I approve only if they follow the Roger Waters blueprint. He would get kids from the local city's children's choir to sing on each stop of "The Wall" tour. So as long as Guns is giving the honor to a few local down on their luck strippers on each stop, I'm fine with it. It could be the jolt they need to take their career to the next level. Paying it forward.

Board footer