You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Info regarding CD

Sky Dog wrote:

James, if he has multiple albums of material, someone may buy it all. Uni may just want to dump it for whatever they can get as well...just take a loss and get rid of the headache. They still own the back catalog so they aren't too worried over this either way. Can you people not see that there are tons of different scenarios and alot of unknowns. One unknown is the quality of ALL the material. This board has just become too bitter for me these days. Whatever happened to the saying "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.":peace:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Would you rather I say the album is going to sell 20 million copies, tour demand will be unable to fill all the stadiums in the world, the album(s) will revitalize the music industry, and no one will even remember the old band?

Will that make you happy, or would you rather discuss things rationally?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The she-bitch roared.

I've been hoping for an In Rainbows-route for a while now, it feels kinda funny to read about it from Classic Rock. I noticed the magazine's very careful with their wording. Beta confirmed CD's done and Axl's in negotiations. Not really news (to me, anyway), but that's coming straight from the horses mouth. The magazine "believes" there'll initially be a downloadable release, with another source "suggesting" the album will after be released in traditional form in the late summer to become that big Xmas album.

So, what you get from completely outside Beta or any other legitimate party to tie it down with:

-July/September: A download release
July-September: A traditional CD release

You know, I actually believe this, in a sense. I doubt Classic Rock just decided track down Beta, who happily divulged all this information to them; something she'd never bothered to post to the online community. More likely GNR's hoping to get their game plan out in the open and put the pressure back to the label's end. After all the pissing in the wind Rolling Stone's been experiencing with the band (eversince their "announcement" of 11/21/06 release date), I'm not surprised they'd been forbidden to get the scoop this time.

Jameslofton wrote:

With this article, the band now has a free pass on 08.

Well, it doesn't have much more substance than 'People will hear music this year'. On it's own right, it's vague enough to be easily disputed and the band/magazine's very careful with whom what quotes are attributed to. Time will tell, Axl's first comment after four years only got people excited, it wouldn't have exactly justified another leave of absence. What this one confirms is that the album was done completed before Xmas 07.

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. - Axl, 12/14/06

It took only one year to finish off those minor -- and I do mean minor -- additions! Bravo Ax, you've outdone yourself!

madagas wrote:

Whatever happened to the saying "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

I would have a lot to say about this, but will hold my tongue. tongue

James

James wrote:

I don't get the whole "bitter" thing either. There's been very little info coming out lately, and I don't see much negativity floating around here, although that bullshit with the bike created a minor stir.

If anything, this band is what is bitter, and people just react to it. I'd rather post about whats going on than posting fake optimism like what happens at some sites.

James

James wrote:

Since Beta is involved in this, it seems like the "official" forum would get the scoop on this, not Classic Rock. I guess its not really much of a scoop but she does post there.

Sky Dog wrote:

of course Axl is bitter-notice how I don't say the band-I just accept it now.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Since Beta is involved in this, it seems like the "official" forum would get the scoop on this, not Classic Rock. I guess its not really much of a scoop but she does post there.

well, it appears that Classic Rock are able to suck Axl's c*** better than the "official" forum....with the album of the year feature...and pretty much every second issue praising mr. rose....they've set themselves up nicely to be the chosen ones for the big reveal....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

The only part about this I don't believe is that its being released. With this article, the band now has a free pass on 08. The summer mention gives them a free pass for the first half of the year, and the Christmas mention is their "out" of the summer mention.

Then we are in early 09.

In the first years of the saga we were always half a year from getting the album. Then in 2006-2007 it was a few months. Now it's in a 6+ months distance again. Doesn't sound promising, but who knows. They're finally finished it, so there is a chance it'll come out. Without completing the shit there wasn't any chance. I wonder if it doesn't get released this year will they start to play the blame game on the record company.

Sky Dog wrote:

can't you see they are already playing it?:nervous:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
elmir wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

well, it appears that Classic Rock are able to suck Axl's c*** better than the "official" forum....with the album of the year feature...and pretty much every second issue praising mr. rose....they've set themselves up nicely to be the chosen ones for the big reveal....

Exactamundo, elmir.

The HTGTH message board, while as 'band-friendly' as it is, has certain limitations when compared to an established music news outlet. It's no coincidence somebody "screwed up" the release of the press release, in which Axl responded to a royalty lawsuit by Slash and Duff. Remeber that one? The Business Wire version was much less degradatory and more to the point, whereas the "unabriged" version that was released exclusively on HTGTH had all this talk about Slash visiting Axl's house and Axl taking the high ground against his former band mates. It's quite obvious the latter version was never intended for the general public, rather than those who do vacate the message boards.

Beta could've said the same things on HTGTH after Christmas ("It's done"), yet she chose not to. Therefore I would consider this move a rather deliberate one. It's not about updating the fans from GNR's perspective (as they could've just as well put it out on their official website). It's about having a legitimate third party news outlet with Axl's maid as the messenger, who at same time is a legitimate enough source to provide actual information while a disassociated enough party not to allow the label to blame Axl for spilling the beans in the midst of the negotiations. It's "official", but not Official, if you catch my drift.

Board footer