You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New Info regarding CD

Sky Dog wrote:

the fact that it is gone from HTGTH is not good. Maybe it will provoke Beta in to another tirade.:haha:

The thread being gone over at HTGTH is not a good sign that this is even true that they talked to Beta.   If this was something that Axl allowed to be printed in Classic Rock, why not posted over there.

All this discussion could be for naught.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

GNR has double media standards. Some info is HTGTH-exclusive, some is exclusively off-HTGTH. This RS blurb vanished very quickly for the board, as did all talks of the Harley/Better ad. Eversince, Baz's been pushing Sorry in every other Angel Down interview and Ron confirmed there was a party at Axl's post-KROQ. Only two things that haven't been spoken about afterwards were Andy Wallace mixing the album and additional US dates after the already-announced ones in Jan '07 (Merck even mentioned that the band would do a summer '07 tour there).

Amusingly, the Radiohead-route might very well open up an opportunity for a clandestine release (which Merck alluded to back then). Just update the official site with some pay-per-download tracks and let webheads carry the news around. I'm starting to think Sorry might be up for it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

beta prolly said that the commetns were taken ot of context and asked jarmo to remove the thread

either that or they moved it until they can get confirmation from the band

radiohead did the dl release and classic rock prolly thought it was cool so they suggested it...but with so much money inveseted in the project i can't believe that universal/interscope/geffen (6 of on half a dozen of the other if you ask me 16 ) would allow a pay what you want approach....'specially to such a bitter fan base

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, not many people are going to buy the album anyways. We got a taste of reality when the Baz record was released. A bunch of nutswingers said they were buying multiple copies each to support Axl, but in reality they didn't buy any copies. The album did so poorly its pretty obvious that it was bought by hardcore Baz fans, Skid Row fans, and a few GNR fans. Baz fucked up in his marketing. He thought fan loyalty to Axl was gonna put his album at the top but it did no such thing.

They might as well try an online release and see how it goes. Album sales are going to be low anyways.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Well, not many people are going to buy the album anyways. We got a taste of reality when the Baz record was released. A bunch of nutswingers said they were buying multiple copies each to support Axl, but in reality they didn't buy any copies. The album did so poorly its pretty obvious that it was bought by hardcore Baz fans, Skid Row fans, and a few GNR fans. Baz fucked up in his marketing. He thought fan loyalty to Axl was gonna put his album at the top but it did no such thing.

They might as well try an online release and see how it goes. Album sales are going to be low anyways.

As always it's unfair to compare "Angel Down" with "Chinese Democracy", because the expectations (in any sense) even with the most negative... are very different.

"Silkworms" would own everything on that album.

misterbrownstone
 Rep: 0 

madagas wrote:

Russ, the word that "the ball was in the record company's court"-vague, but I personally believed it was his way of saying that the album is done. Beta said NOTHING about downloading the album-read again-that is speculation from Classic Rock.:headbang:

keep in mind, they didn't post the full article yet, maybe Beta talks about the full download later.
---
off topic, nice forum, Jimmy:thumbup:.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good to see you here Brownstone.:rock::beer:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I think you're off a little bit. The album is going to sell. The name Guns N' Roses will help the sales of the CD. A strong single will help as well with strong radio play. Big name bands still sell a lot of records. Gn"R with new members or not is still are named Guns N' Roses. Even if all the press is negative and other acts bash Axl for his tour behavior his name and then bands name is still out there and Chinese Democracy is almost always mentioned and an interest is there to hear the album. Especially with that strong single people will be like oh shit maybe this is going to be good.You can't compare Bach's album to this one because the name Sebastian Bach is not in the same league as Gn'R.

It will be downloaded but it will still break the million mark. Maybe a million in the first month if the material is actually good and there is a positive buzz around the long awaited album. I think it could sell in the hundreds of thousands in the first week. Bigger bands that have been around still can sell that. I don't  think it will break 3-4 million in the United States. Worldwide it could sell I'm not sure if people still buy or if they just download like us in the states. But that would be considered a success today but obviously not for the record company that pumped 15 million into the album.

I guess if they actually did talk with Beta than the album is actually done finally. I don't buy into the whole pay as much as you want download. That's Classic Rock's little touch to the news.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Eagles sold close to 2.5 million in a few months with little to no radio exposure.....that is the only thing comparable to the Gnr situation at present. I am not saying Gnr will do that but the brand will help push a few more units. The first single is absolutely huge.

Board footer