You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: New Info regarding CD

Scabbie wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

At least something seems to be happening. 'Defcon 2' I would say!

I would put the situation at Defcon 4.:thumbup:

Good work Neemo.

Bono, we don't know what the status of GNR's contract is now, so Axl could still have a bit of leverage even if its been handed in.

Good to see you back.:beer:

Wasn't Defcon 4 the stage before Global-thermal Nuclear War or have I got the scale the wrong way round? hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No, Defcon 2 is the stage before nuclear war. Defcon 5 is total quiet. I only rank us at Defcon 4 because us fans are bitching.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

No, Defcon 2 is the stage before nuclear war. Defcon 5 is total quiet. I only rank us at Defcon 4 because us fans are bitching.

OK in that case I meant Defcon 2. 22

Although one could measure the defcon in the level of fan anger. In which case we could be approaching a defcon 3 with Global Forum Capitulation quicly approaching faster than a GNR tech on a sports bike.

I think Nostradamus predicted it would all go pete tong for GN'R in 2009.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Under any set of circumstances-handed in or not, until we hear from Uni/Geffen/Interscope, it is all immaterial to us. There is no release date in sight and at this point, no rumors of proposed timeframes either. Nothing.:headbang:

and thats what it boils down to... all this statement does is lay a couple rumors to rest...that the album is handed in and that Universal/Interscope/Geffen isnt trying to unload gnr's contract...then there are always the conspiracy theories that GnR is just placating the fans with falsities...like bono suggested...

welcome back man 22

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:
Scabbie wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

OK in that case I meant Defcon 2. 22

Although one could measure the defcon in the level of fan anger. In which case we could be approaching a defcon 3 with Global Forum Capitulation quicly approaching faster than a GNR tech on a sports bike.

I think Nostradamus predicted it would all go pete tong for GN'R in 2009.

You crazies have been watching too much WarGames.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't watched Wargames in probably 10 or 15 years. Know about Defcon rankings from reading military books years ago.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i think the hold up isn't about the first album. it's the fact that Axl recorded at least 3 albums worth of material on universal's dime. the negotiations could have to do with the rest of the material.

in the meantime, they can't sit on this too long or else it will leak.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, I'm just frustrated over the release of the album.....that is it. Not bitter about the breakup of the old band or lack of information or what the setlist is or how the official website is or a stolen motorcycle or any of Beta's ramblings. I just care about one thing-an album. Yes, I am bitter about that. I have waited patiently for 14 years. I just want to hear the album and everything else is sideshow, including my periodic interest in Axl's legal wranglings.:peace:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This doesn't excite me at all, actually. I still think if the album were handed in, we'd have a leak by now. I mean, seriously, how would you like to be the person who unofficially released CD to the world? Even if no one knew you did it, it'd be hard to resist.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
Bono wrote:

I have to say the album is NOT done. Why would the record label have it in their possesion and still be discussing with Axl.

Money.

Bono wrote:

They've got it, so now distribute it their way.

They don't know how to.  The downloading "craze" of 2007 has hit the industry really hard - never seen an industry hit as hard as this IMHO.

Bono wrote:

This all seems like more elaborate scheming and rumor slinging by the GnR camp themselves to buy more time with the fans.

Possibly, LOL.

Bono wrote:

I'm just wondering why none of you have considerd the posibility(real good possibility) that the album is not done let alone handed in. The album being handed in and the label still negotiating makes no sense. Axl loses all leverage once the album is in.

Some people have.  However, numerous sources have said that it's handed in now.  Money - the state of the industry and Axl's supposed "promotion demands" - are what's keeping this thing in "limbo" (Trunk (et al.)).  If he's had it 13 (if not nearly 15) years his own way, he's not exactly gonna give up at the final hurdle, is he, and probably has laid down some sort of demand "You get the album if you can/the first single (video) gets this..." etc..  Merck and he both alluded to this in their letters though both did hint at heavy record company control/say at this point IIRC.

(Slightly) OT:  Good to see ROV back.  Offered Brody some help to rebuild his site but just got nothing back.  "You snooze you lose.":zzz::bed:

Sandman - it won't leak if it's in a chairman's (Iovine's?  for one) vault.  Now if a cleaner was to be a closet fan...:haha:

Board footer