You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

monkeychow wrote:

I had a strange idea this morning.

Adler opens up for GNR.

Then he does a quick cameo with GNR during the encore too.

Would be a way to involve him without giving him back his job.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Some more ideas

A7x
Chickenfoot
Ac/Dc
Aerosmith
Megadeth

Some of these are more co-headliers obviously.

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Some more ideas

A7x
Chickenfoot
Ac/Dc
Aerosmith
Megadeth

Some of these are more co-headliers obviously.

A7x would kill for the gig.
Chickenfoot aren't good enough to be honest.

AC/DC sould never do it.

Aerosmith  have too much ego to open a GNR show.

Megadeth are the same.

Sky Dog wrote:

I saw somewhere maybe Lenny Kravitz....

Perfect opener.

Black Crowes are a piss poor band in my opinion. All style no actual decent music.

I hope its lenny, but I've heard tell of the Foo Fighters, and I'd believe that too.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

A7x would be fine as openers.

AC/DC - Axl isn't going to sing 2 full sets.

Aerosmith are on the verge of doing a farewell tour so Steven Tyler can be a country singer.     I don't see them opening for GnR.

Megadeth, while a bit heavier than most options, would probably do very well seeing as how their best songs came out around the same time as GnR's.    Not sure Mustaine would do it tho.

I don't see the Foo Fighters opening for GnR.   Like them or not, they've been a huge band for the last 20 years and probably won't open for anyone.

Since its clear AIC already has plans, I think the best option is Soundgarden.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Even if Guns is a bigger deal at the moment than Aerosmith, there is no way GN'R would even ask them to open. Aerosmith is one of the bands they respect too much to have them as an opening act.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I'd love them to keep Sebastian Bach opening for them because the crowd loves him and he puts on a great show. Bands like Airbourne, Steel Panther, or old bands who had great music that aren't in huge demand are who I would pick because I love nothing more than a solid rock show through and through. If Helix (you guys probably don't remember them) and, say, Baz opened for GNR, I'd be absolutely thrilled because there wouldn't be a bad song all night. I know if you go see a small show, you have to sit through songs you don't know, it's part of the game. But when I see a huge band, I hate nothing more than sitting through some new shitty local band like I did when I saw Def Leppard, or an unknown band that doesn't fit the audience, like Vintage Ink when I saw AC/DC.

I don't think the opening act means dick on this reunion tour. No one's gonna shell out those prices because they like the opener a lot.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like SMKC is opening for GNR on August 18 at Dodger Stadium.

http://m.bandsintown.com/event/12032627 … tist=Slash

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

No - gnr just doesn't do its own BandsInTown and I think Slash defaults to that. For instance the app didnt have gnr in it for the Vegas gig but had Slash fmkc. It's also the same thing for the Foxboro show.

Don't get your hopes up smile

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Not to mention that there is no way in hell that Axl would allow such a thing to happen.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:
Brett wrote:

I'd love them to keep Sebastian Bach opening for them because the crowd loves him and he puts on a great show. Bands like Airbourne, Steel Panther, or old bands who had great music that aren't in huge demand are who I would pick because I love nothing more than a solid rock show through and through. If Helix (you guys probably don't remember them) and, say, Baz opened for GNR, I'd be absolutely thrilled because there wouldn't be a bad song all night. I know if you go see a small show, you have to sit through songs you don't know, it's part of the game. But when I see a huge band, I hate nothing more than sitting through some new shitty local band like I did when I saw Def Leppard, or an unknown band that doesn't fit the audience, like Vintage Ink when I saw AC/DC.

I don't think the opening act means dick on this reunion tour. No one's gonna shell out those prices because they like the opener a lot.

I agree...I couldn't care less about seeing some local band or some band I've never heard of.  If I had my way, it would be Cinderella, then Skid Row with Bach and then GN'R on the bill.  Now I know the opening band isn't what people are buying tickets for...but it would be nice to have an opening act that has actual hits to play...songs the audience would actually know.  These are stadium shows...being the opener is a bigger deal than your usual shed or even arena tour.  If it came to it, I'd rather hear Sebastian Bach solo as the opener as opposed to Myles Kennedy or some no name band who hasn't sniffed a gold record...much less a platinum one.  And don't give me the whole GN'R shouldn't have an "80s band"  be the opener.  Like it or not, GN'R ARE an 80s band...one of the biggest.  The guys are all around 50 now...the band is never going to be "cutting edge" again...so don't be ridiculous trying to be "relevant" today.  The Rolling Stones aren't "relevant" now...but they sell out stadiums on every tour.  GN'R, while not having that stature as a band, are in that category.  So give the fans what they want.

Board footer