You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl at the Chinese Exchange

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are probably right. If Axl wanted to be a Dick he would have.

Plus, Slash wrote his book and said what he wanted to say.. Axl never wrote his.      The fact that Axl said he had to be careful about how he would say things in a potential book tells me he is being protective of his reunion with his old friends.     Otherwise why would he care?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think what might be rubbing people the wrong way is that he's not saying there was miscommunication, both were in the wrong, they decided to bury the hatchet and forget the past, he's sticking to his guns that he was wronged and the feud wasn't his fault. It says a lot that he said this to Slash, and is perhaps why no one is saying anything to the press (Duff & Slash) as to not rock the boat. Slash, his first and only word on the subject is that they got rid of the negativity. That's all that matters. And Axl probably did let a lot go. It says to me he was waiting 20 years for Slash to say he was sorry.

Good post. He needs to "let it go". Also it would be nice to play nice in public and resolve issues behind the scenes. Now we all know how it feels.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wagszilla wrote:

I liked that "Legend of the Red Panda" name. 

I didn't really care for "Stay of Execution" if that was an album title. A little too try hard.

"Stay of Execution" worked in context for the 2014(?) album Axl was putting together – staving off the nay-sayers, the record company and so forth. It's a statement of intent. It wouldn't be appropriate now, though.

Honestly, if they're going to do an album the greatest statement they could make would be to self-title it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think what might be rubbing people the wrong way is that he's not saying there was miscommunication, both were in the wrong, they decided to bury the hatchet and forget the past, he's sticking to his guns that he was wronged and the feud wasn't his fault. It says a lot that he said this to Slash, and is perhaps why no one is saying anything to the press (Duff & Slash) as to not rock the boat. Slash, his first and only word on the subject is that they got rid of the negativity. That's all that matters. And Axl probably did let a lot go. It says to me he was waiting 20 years for Slash to say he was sorry.

Good post. He needs to "let it go". Also it would be nice to play nice in public and resolve issues behind the scenes. Now we all know how it feels.

Easier said than done until you're put in that situation personally. Axl felt wronged all those years, nothing can take that away. He may be willing to forgive, but it's not easy to forget. He had his say in the past and unleashed quite a bit. This is mild to say the least. I doubt Slash cares one bit, as it seems they've talked it over and come to some understanding. Slash knows what he did to hurt Axl, he admitted to it on Stern years ago. So it's not some big shocker for him to hear Axl repeat similar sentiments in two sentences to a Q&A group. He's not exactly airing their sordid dirty laundry to the masses here. He's being honest and genuine. If pressed more, he may have expanded one way or the other. We'll have to see if he ends up speaking to Eddie Trunk, or others in the future.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, Better is so much better with Slash back. That intro and those solos. AWESOME!!!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Full official video.

Think Axl was getting pissed off with the compere at points 16

Sounds and looks promising for the future in terms of new material etc. He looks genuinely enthused and excited by the prospect.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Watched this the other day, and Axl definitely seemed to have to adjust to Pang's way of operating an interview. He seemed very crass at times, not tactful, but at other times Pang seemed genuinely engaged and honest. Pang was more all over the place than Axl himself. The fans in attendence asked VERY good questions for fans, and frankly put the big three forums to fucking shame over their childish, ignorant, and lame questions from several years ago.

Axl didn't seem all that interested in a GN'R album, despite others saying otherwise. Axl seemed more interested in an AC/DC album or possible instrumental work, which kinda shocked me.

Another one of the highlights is his highlighting of the 2009-14 band, basically confirming what DJ said was true. Axl adored the 2009-14 lineup, and was really happy with that lineup, and that the dismantling of it basically came as a shock. Axl's description of it seems to quasi-confirm that Axl did at one point consider a Slash/DJ combo in regards to the reunion.

Loved Axl's response about the Axl book. Confirmed alot of what I suspected being able to study his face. Axl seemed heartfelt and genuinely hurt by what Slash wrote in his book. Axl seemed to let down his guard here and give a natural reaction to how he felt about Slash at the time, and that was Axl felt Slash not only didn't state facts, but made up entire parts of his book.

A conspiracy-minded person could correlate Weiland's comments about the reunion in 2006 connect here somewhat. The heat was cooling between the two then, but with the book release in 2007, Axl being hurt badly then by what he saw as personal lies, and the reverse course of "he's a cancer" in 2009... all is starting to look clearer.

Sad that Slash feeling the need to portray Axl as an evil villain, to help Slash not look stupid... sad we all lost out on 20 years of great rock music over something so petty.

Axl giving props to Slash was a bit of a shock as well... Slash going out of his way to re-record Chinese songs for the tour as well as work with the vault... me thinks this is Slash's way of apologizing to Axl about the way things went down over the last 20 years. Kudos to Axl for thanking him.

I also noticed Axl touched on the vocal issues at one point, referring to his Chinese-era voice as "clean vocal". Axl claimed he intentionally sang that way in order to change his vocal and challenge himself. He also admitted it wasn't as warmly received as he thought it'd be, people obviously missing his old voice.

His reasoning imo though is bullshit. I don't think the rasp has always been there, he just chooses not to use it. I think Axl gets vocally lazy, and even in the interview he admitted he has a vocal coach on tour with him with AC/DC for the first time in 20 years. I think Axl's quitting of chain smoking had a HUGE affect on the decline of his rasp since 1993. imho

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I don't think he's uninterested in releasing a GN'R album, he said he wants to, and according to rumor they were on the cusp of releasing CD II years ago. I just think that unlike AC/DC or his solo ideas, it's far less encumbered by politics, drama, and red tape.

My hope is that he'll just release the original versions of the songs without Slash, DJ, or Bumblefoot and then start fresh from there.

Unfortunately, I think the fans will be waiting for a long time again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree Wags. I think it makes alot more sense to just drop a Soundgarden "Echo of Miles" release, knock all of the Chinese leftovers out there, and the Bucket fans would want it that way anyways.

Then start fresh. But Axl's already said that he has a ton of stuff he wants Slash to touch up.

But I don't think that's all Axl's fault. It's been made pretty clear to Axl at this point that the label has NO interest in releasing anything GN'R-related without Slash on it.

Axl's probably stuck. If the music ever gets released, it's gonna have to have Slash on it. And based off of the new versions of This I Love & Better & Chinese... it might be a good think. Casuals, diehards, and nobodies have all been creaming all over the new Slash cuts of the Chinese tracks.

So well see what happens...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I wonder if the label has any interest in releasing CD II at all.

If they do, they might want it after a from scratch Axl, Duff, and Slash release.

The good news is that Axl probably has the most leverage that he's had since the early days of the CD project.

As far as Slash being on all of the material, it's probably unavoidable. I don't like it but I accept it. I do hope a Deluxe Edition is released, however.

Board footer