You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Frontman Says GUNS N' ROSES Is Prime Example Of How Not To Act On Tour

AtariLegend wrote:

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE Frontman Says GUNS N' ROSES Is Prime Example Of How Not To Act On Tour - Jan. 21, 2008

Revolver: How has that changed your ideas about who or what a rock star is?

Tuck: We've kind of seen what to do and what not to do if you get to that level. When we were on tour with GUNS N' ROSES, that was a prime example of how not to fucking act on tour. Then with MAIDEN and METALLICA it was the complete opposite. They made us feel so welcome, and anything we wanted, they were more than happy to give us. It was nice to see that though they've established godlike myths about them, when you actually get them one-on-one in a room, they're just Mr. Average. It was inspiring to see that our heroes weren't dicks.

Source: http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/new … emID=88940

Sky Dog wrote:

I really don't think Gnr should take out any opening acts anymore. They only get bad press from these guys and no real benefit of adding a new audience. The Gnr crowds are quite hostile too them as well. 14

I would like to think GNR was at least hospitible or let them hang out with them sometimes.   When you see them compare to bands like Metallica and Maiden that welcomed them with open arms, you sorta get the perspective that Axl just doesn't want anything to do with any of the opening acts and that's cool and all as it's their show and can treat their opening acts as they deem fit, is it right?  I'd say no.    That's why they get the backlash from their opening bands all the time.   Now I see why and it's no wonder.

I have to say, I don't understand why they just can't be cool with them, Axl [GNR]was once an opening band too.

AtariLegend wrote:

To quote myself... Bubbles, some of the Suicide Girls and Sebatian Bach had quite different views.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sure i post about die mannequin and shadows fall and those guys are a bunch of losers adn the threads were pointless ...but BFMV is so cool roll

Sabastian and Bubbles are different, they are friends of GNR.

Suicide Girls are girls so I am not surprised they were nice to them.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Good call by Axl... I wouldn't hang out with some of the guys who feel like they've been snubbed either.

Neemo wrote:

sure i post about die mannequin and shadows fall and those guys are a bunch of losers adn the threads were pointless ...but BFMV is so cool roll

No, no, it's when it's put this way, what this guy said, it's put into context now, for me it's like an epiphany, no wonder all the opening bands hate them.  Instead of ranking on them in the usual way, he just said it like it is.

Backslash wrote:

Good call by Axl... I wouldn't hang out with some of the guys who feel like they've been snubbed either.

This guy doesn't mean hang out off tour, he meant on tour with them.  I am not saying I love this band or anything but jeez be nice to them while out on the road.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I don't even consider things like this newsworthy or anything anymore.  We've heard the reaction from most of the opening acts and it's always the same.  We know to expect Axl to be a dick to all these guys, so it comes as no surprise when it rings true.

Board footer