You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Detroit June 23rd 2016 - Opening Night of "Not In This Lifetime" ST

The community seemed to lose interest once his voice started going a bit pitchy in the middle of the AC/DC run. The fact that he rallied and finished the tour as strong as he started was missed by most.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

The community seemed to lose interest once his voice started going a bit pitchy in the middle of the AC/DC run. The fact that he rallied and finished the tour as strong as he started was missed by most.

I don't think he slumped long enough for that to be possible. A rough night or two would peak interest/discussion if anything. IMO he had no more than that.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

For me it simply got over saturated. Had been listening to Axl/DC for weeks every day. His slip up wasn't all that bad, and then he came back strong. But at that point the same set list just didn't do it anymore.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

For me it simply got over saturated. Had been listening to Axl/DC for weeks every day. His slip up wasn't all that bad, and then he came back strong. But at that point the same set list just didn't do it anymore.

its hard to listen to acdc for more than a week or so. these are songs that weve been hearing on the radio for decades. they are less complicated songs too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hope those who are going enjoy the show. I wasn't really into the Axl/DC then it started and it was pretty awesome. Axl really brought it. Hope he has more in the tank. I'm pumped for the show I'm attending and the tour in general. Bound to be a few surprises through out. A summer GNR stadium tour? Fuckin' A.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

AXL/DC were mixing up the set adding seldom played tunes in there. Some hadn't been played since Bon Scott era. If that's not mixing it up, I don't know what is. Of course, it wasn't drastic overall changes, but they weren't all the same

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Went by Ford Field last night they have a GN'R logo advertising it put the image on the 1st page.

Hopefully we won't get too many covers, and a surprise since it is the kick off.

Stoked to see it.

Watch out for diapers on the sidewalks my fellow travellers ha. Saw two yesterday.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

AXL/DC were mixing up the set adding seldom played tunes in there. Some hadn't been played since Bon Scott era. If that's not mixing it up, I don't know what is. Of course, it wasn't drastic overall changes, but they weren't all the same

I was speaking more in terms of hearing Back in Black and Thunderstruck again after weeks on repeat. Introducing stuff like If You Want Blood helped, but everything has limits.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

I was watching periscope (still am), Really REALLY thought they were gonna play Riad before they started Rocket Queen.. They must have at least rehearsed it because that was definitely the intro. Hope they play it

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
DtM51 wrote:

I was watching periscope (still am), Really REALLY thought they were gonna play Riad before they started Rocket Queen.. They must have at least rehearsed it because that was definitely the intro. Hope they play it

How's the band sound? Lots of energy?

Board footer