You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: 14/7/16 LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES

apex-twin wrote:

About the booking thing.

sandman wrote:

i think calling ticket sales "mixed" is very misleading. there's about 2,000 tickets left based on the map. that means 48,000+ seats have been sold.

So no, not a case of over-booking. I'm sure Live Nation is happy with these sales, especially at the average ticket price they are getting.

Philly is a major market, but not as populated as Chicago or NY. it's also a Thursday night in the middle of the summer. and there's also still plenty of anger about 2002 cancellation. it still gets mentioned regularly by certain DJs on the #1 rock station here (93.3 WMMR), which has just fueled the Axl hatred in Philly more than the rest of the U.S. I think that hurts with the rock fans that might go just to check out a live band they've never seen before.

but to have approx. 95% of all tickets sold, I think is a success.

Axl will return to Philly In late September, on the last date of Rock or Bust - the most attended concert tour last year.

Last  year, AC/DC toured US arenas with 95-100% admittance. They'll do so again; in Philly, it'll be Wells Fargo.

WF, the home of the Flyers, is roughly a third from Lincoln's 50K. Guns are, hands down, the biggest rock band atm.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He didn't bring up Bucket, and wasn't the first to praise Bucket, even over Slash, inthis thread, so it's not fair to call him a troll.

I thought Sorry kicked ass. Slash sounded great! I'd rather have TWAT, Sorry and The Blues than Breakdown.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

All the flowers, yet, you still choose to be salty. I`m a troll because I prefer Buckethead to Slash in and out of Guns`:laugh::thumbup: ? only in GNR land.

You're a troll because you register for a GnR site 10 years after BH was in the band (in the middle of Slash and Axl back together for the first time in over 20 years) and BH's GnR seems to be all that you enjoy.  Plenty of BH fans here for you to hang with, but this probably isn't the best first impression you could have made.

You need a tissue ? you don`t know what I do or don`t enjoy so, do a fucking favour and keep your assumptions to yourself. Lighten up, there`s no need  to get your knickers in a twist. I will continue posting the way I please ( not that I intend to be a regular here I will only lurk once in a while ) if you have any problems then I suggest you to have a glass of cold water.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Slash is cool, Buckethead is cool, everything is cool.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You need a tissue ? you don`t know what I do or don`t enjoy so, do a fucking favour and keep your assumptions to yourself. Lighten up, there`s no need  to get your knickers in a twist. I will continue posting the way I please ( not that I intend to be a regular here I will only lurk once in a while ) if you have any problems then I suggest you to have a glass of cold water.

Why would I need a tissue?  I'm not the one acting like a douche. You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer, try looking in a mirror.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why would I need a tissue?  I'm not the one acting like a douche. You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer, try looking in a mirror.

You`re acting like you have a chip on your shoulders.

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Forget all the petty bullshit. Guns is kicking a shit ton of ass right now.

Why would we do that, we still have time for all the same arguments!

Wagszilla wrote:

Slash is cool, Buckethead is cool, everything is cool.

Loner!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I could use a noob filter right now.

Here you go guys, sorry for the delay.  I did a little DeNoiser & EQ adjusting for it so it took a long time to render & upload.  Not sure it worked all that great, but nothing but the best for you all. 9

AtariLegend wrote:

Great video, thanks for posting PaSnow.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Great video, thanks for posting PaSnow.

Now you didn't think I wouldn't invite you to the encore, did you?

Board footer