You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Attack in Nice, France - dozens dead

James wrote:

That video clip is horrifying. It really shows how social media has permanently changed the news landscape. When something happens, everyone at the scene has cell phones and starts recording/tweeting.

The dead in the street look to be mostly young women.....specifically targeted or did the psycho just "luck" into hitting so many? Obviously men(and god forbid children) were killed as well but I noticed it immediately in that clip.

This has to stop. The world doesn't like my solution to this and neither do I but as I say every time an attack happens, we're one major attack away from the US and Russia going into the Middle East and just killing anything that moves.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maddow is saying at least 77 dead. This is reaching a boiling point.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Lives Matters people are pissed they are getting no attention now. Over/under on how many highways they shutdown tonight? I say 3.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is reaching a boiling point.

Indeed.

LIke I said, we're one big one away happening on US or Russian soil for a catastrophic retaliation.

I think they're eventually going to pull off an attack similar to one Clancy mentioned......mowing down thousands of shoppers in US malls on Christmas Eve. Maybe something similar in Russia such as an attack on the Kremlin and hitting a bunch of those clubs Russian teens frequent.

The EU is going to have to respond to this and not like the last time where they said they would but they didn't. Bush and Putin were right...you cant appease these people, you cant negotiate with them. They only understand one language.....violence. So you give it to them in massive doses and they stop liking it so much.

Black Lives Matters people are pissed they are getting no attention now. Over/under on how many highways they shutdown tonight? I say 3.

I hope this is one of those situations where you're trying to joke to lighten the mood during a horrific situation.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is reaching a boiling point.

Indeed.

LIke I said, we're one big one away happening on US or Russian soil for a catastrophic retaliation.

I think they're eventually going to pull off an attack similar to one Clancy mentioned......mowing down thousands of shoppers in US malls on Christmas Eve. Maybe something similar in Russia such as an attack on the Kremlin and hitting a bunch of those clubs Russian teens frequent.

The EU is going to have to respond to this and not like the last time where they said they would but they didn't. Bush and Putin were right...you cant appease these people, you cant negotiate with them. They only understand one language.....violence. So you give it to them in massive doses and they stop liking it so much.

I hope this is one of those situations where you're trying to joke to lighten the mood during a horrific situation.

Yes I am being cynical, however the last time this happened there were members pissed that the media wasn't covering them. I am serious.

This will keep happening. It is almost weekly now. I don't think Obama will do anything different. Maybe I am wrong.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't think Obama will do anything different. Maybe I am wrong.

What exactly should Obama be doing about this? What a pathetic fucking statement. 80 dead people and here you are using it as a platform for your right wing bullshit.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maddow is saying at least 77 dead. This is reaching a boiling point.

Disheartening, and sad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This has to stop. The world doesn't like my solution to this and neither do I but as I say every time an attack happens, we're one major attack away from the US and Russia going into the Middle East and just killing anything that moves.

That plan involves murdering around 200+ million people though - most of which are not terrorists. If that plan is enacted it becomes the worst mass killing ever - it would make hitler and stalin seem pretty minor. There's just too much loss of innocent life involved for that to ever be the chosen path I think. Even if you find a leader who wants to do it - will the world populace just comply with such an act?

So then you have lesser measures like invasions. The problem with those is that they tend to cause more hostility in the long run. The options are indefinite forced occupations - but then you wind up with insurgents and resistance groups as you're seen as an oppressor. How many generations will American people tolerate their sons dying in car bombs while you occupy Jordan?? Then the other choice is winning a 'war' then setting up puppet governments - but then that tends to create power vacuums and so on - the situation in Syria has occurred the way it has in part because of the Iraq war.

Let alone if these invasions are jointly done by the world powers how will they then divide up the territory - would we end up with a new berlin wall situation between the USSR, Chinese and USA areas of the middle east?

It's a really impossible problem.

The solution would seem to be cultural shift in the middle east and getting them to think like us rather than killing them - but they may not want that, and even then....how..

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

84 persons (including children) have been butchered by this bastard. One of the kids who were killed was from the U.S.

James, the young women you are talking about may have been part of a school group. I hear German and possibly Italian students were there.

The terrorist was a local guy.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I saw a video last night of the actual carnage. Fuck me it was so fucking sad. When you see the actual bodies it takes it to a new level then discussing it with no images. I suggest you don't look for the video, it will make you sick.

Board footer