You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Re: Attack in Nice, France - dozens dead

Yamcha wrote:

A spokesperson for the French ministry of Justice says that 10 children and teenagers have been killed. sad
52 persons are critical.
A whole family (an elderly couple, their daughter and their grandson) as well as a father to be who died while protecting his wife are among the victims.
Foreign victims include a Russian student, 2 German students and their teacher, 2 U.S. citizens (father and son), 2 Swiss nationals and a Tunisian.
The killer has been identified as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel. One of the main questions is, how could this guy drive for so long without being stopped?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

4-5 ton truck moving at 60 km/h takes a lot to stop. One article I saw said a motorcyclist tried to open the door to stop him, but fell and went under the tire.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Some of the victims

The Russian student:

The U.S. father (on the left) and his son (front):

A Moroccan national who had been granted permission to reside in France:

The idiot guy killed at least 4 Muslims in this attack.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

4-5 ton truck moving at 60 km/h takes a lot to stop. One article I saw said a motorcyclist tried to open the door to stop him, but fell and went under the tire.

Yeah, it is hard.
The area was supposed to be locked and pedestrian only due to fireworks (it was bank holidays, French national day). But this guy somehow got in. 10 He may have had some help.
I read it was 80 km/h.

Randall Flagg

Yamcha wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah, it is hard.
The area was supposed to be locked and pedestrian only due to fireworks (it was bank holidays, French national day). But this guy somehow got in. 10 He may have had some help.
I read it was 80 km/h.

I read that the police stopped and asked him why he was in the area, and he told them he was delivering ice cream, so they let him go.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Yamcha wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah, it is hard.
I read it was 80 km/h.

I read that the police stopped and asked him why he was in the area, and he told them he was delivering ice cream, so they let him go.

...and that is why it's so simple for them to pull these attacks off.  Surprised the back of the truck wasn't loaded with explosives to go off after he was killed.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

I will need to look into it, I didn't see anything about this so far.

Currently trending on Twitter here  #IslamHorsDEurope (meaning : Muslims/Islam out of Europe) sad

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

The guy rented the lorry a few day ago. I still can't find anything about ice cream deliveries.
The only explosive device he had with him, a grenade, was not working.

I am going to check BFM TV and other channels.

Randall Flagg

Yamcha wrote:

I will need to look into it, I didn't see anything about this so far.

Currently trending on Twitter here  #IslamHorsDEurope (meaning : Muslims/Islam out of Europe) sad

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/689 … olice-ISIS

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

Thank you, Randall Flagg. A very interesting read. And they are not mentioning it on TV. I remember seeing a mention that the lorry was parked in the area, though.

A witness I saw on TV reported seeing a dead 7 year old boy. According to the prosecutor in charge of the investigation, 10 young children and 20 teenagers are among the victims.

The terrorist has been described as a 31 year old womanizer who was not very religious...

Board footer