You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Attack in Nice, France - dozens dead

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just want to say Express is a far right tabloid that often posts stories without sources. It's essentially propaganda for Northern Shell.

It's further to right with less credibility than The Sun. Even when some of the details are correct they are often twisted.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

I don't think it's true.
I have found that some media did report this ice cream delivery story shortly after the  attack. I had to google "ice cream delivery Nice attack" or something to find them. Those who reported this story are not major news outlets, though. It speaks volumes that the story got dropped rather quickly.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I wasn't there, so short of the police admitting this, I can't say with any certainty if it's true.  But if it's not, it's all that more troubling.  An "Arab" man sitting in a truck, where they're not allowed, and no officer said anything?  If someone can camp outside a major event on the biggest French holiday and no security forces question them, that does not bode well for France.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

A news report I am reading just now states that another guy may have been involved. 20 Minutes reports that a woman and her children saw someone park the lorry near their building. The driver then left on a bike. A different man arrived later around the time of the fireworks and took the lorry.

AtariLegend wrote:

France just hosted the European Championship with millions of people traveling from 24 different countries to spend a month including half a million from the UK. Their wasn't any major incident.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

There was this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ … eath-paris

It is not "major", meaning only 2 persons got killed but it did take place during Euro 2016.

Some people are saying that security became sloppy after the competition. It is a possibility. Prior to what happened last night, Hollande did his usual 14 July speech... He was saying that everything was to go back to normal on 26 July....  I hear there are talks about limiting large gatherings in Paris.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Black Lives Matters people are pissed they are getting no attention now. Over/under on how many highways they shutdown tonight? I say 3.

Like I said.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07 … limelight/

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

That's ridiculous. The victims are from everywhere, there are Arabic people among them. Some eye witnesses I saw earlier on TV were Black and it's quite likely there are Black people among the victims. We will know more in the next few days.

The terrorist had a lot of mental issues. Le Point reports that his dad opened up about his depression. According to his father, Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was depressed between 2002 and 2004 and would scream and smash things up. He was prescribed medication. Lahouaiej-Bouhlel barely gave any news to his family back in Tunisia after he moved to France.

I notice that interestingly, like Salah Abdeslam before him, Lahouaiej-Bouhlel is described as someone who was not into religion but rather into women, parties, alcohol and drugs.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don't know anything about the murderer, but I know Al Qaeda operatives are "allowed" to party to disguise themselves among westerners. This guy may be another loon like the Orlando shooter looking for attention. Only time will tell.

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:

5 persons have been arrested, including the terrorist's ex wife.

Headlines here are pretty much the same as yesterday. Also, what happened in Turkey last night is now the main thing.

Board footer