You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 20/7/16 GILLETTE STADIUM, FOXBORO, MA UNITED STATES

Neemo wrote:

Nice...Catcher kicks ass...I thought they did really good...Axl sounded killer...why u say Mickey?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Nice...Catcher kicks ass...I thought they did really good...Axl sounded killer...why u say Mickey?

Because he sounds like Micley high on helium. Compare yesterday`s performance with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcEK0GGsaA world`s difference.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Jeez...an acoustic gig 6 years ago at half the tempo and prolly a quarter of the volume

I get what u r saying but I just don't watch all that many live performances to compare...and u gotta put shit I to context

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's an electric one to compare against.

To me catcher isn't too noticeable for mickey - I notice it more on stuff like the KOHD call and response compared to 10 years back.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

A surprise to say the least, though less so after Sorry was played. Pretty ironic that they are breaking out more CD songs now that the Slash and Duff are back. Could indicate they like the material (or they are just jumping on the chance to play something fresh).

Pretty typical for Axl on these type of songs. Shouldn't be too hard to sing you think, but he still struggles a bit. Not the worst he's done, but not the best either.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Jeez...an acoustic gig 6 years ago at half the tempo and prolly a quarter of the volume

I get what u r saying but I just don't watch all that many live performances to compare...and u gotta put shit I to context

Alright, then, here`s an electric version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze9dc_3aau8
6 Year difference is n`t really much. Issues that were n`t OK during universally abhored " Nu GNR " are OK now, funny.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I never had a problem with their performances in the 06-11 Era...I even think DJ and Ron are pretty awesome...but anyway

I still feel that both electric clips is still pretty slow compared to last night...Anyway I enjoyed last night's performance...thought it was good...and like I said I'm not really one to binge watch live performances to rate them against each other...but now that I have watched from 2010 I see where u are coming from

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Voice wise I thought 06-09 was awesome.

2010 was hit or miss depending on the show - generally ok but without the big screams of 06-09

2011-2014 was some tough times if you're like me and you love the rasp.

Generally 2016 has been an improvement on 2011+ but not quite at 2006 level aside from Ac/Dc where the songs facilitate constant screams \m/

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The Catcher criticism doesn't make any sense, since he doesn't use much rasp in that song on the record. Sounds perfectly fine to me. I really hope I get to hear this in Seattle. Catcher is my favorite Nu-GNR song.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Because he sounds like Micley high on helium. Compare yesterday`s performance with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcEK0GGsaA world`s difference.

[/embed]

You are comparing a performance with:

All Rasp and, although i like it, is lacking in tone

VS.

A performance that is:

Clean LIKE THE STUDIO VERSION and much more full of tone and range

It sounds to me like you are calling anything without rasp MICKEY. Maybe I am wrong and you are entitled to your opinion but you seem to be alone with that opinion.

Board footer