You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 20/7/16 GILLETTE STADIUM, FOXBORO, MA UNITED STATES

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

. They want to hear all the classics, what is that, 15 songs at best? That means they play at least 8 songs a majority of the crowd isn't all that familiar with. At least that's the way I see it.

Agreed,  although I know when I've seen a band I'm a casual fan of - if the show is amazing I will sometimes go home and look up the setlist online and check out where the songs I didn't know came from or what they were.

So it's not impossible the occasional audience member will dig Chinese Democracy or This I Love and go hunt them out. Especially considering a lot of people didn't sit through the CD saga and moved on with the line up change.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

. They want to hear all the classics, what is that, 15 songs at best? That means they play at least 8 songs a majority of the crowd isn't all that familiar with. At least that's the way I see it.

Agreed,  although I know when I've seen a band I'm a casual fan of - if the show is amazing I will sometimes go home and look up the setlist online and check out where the songs I didn't know came from or what they were.

So it's not impossible the occasional audience member will dig Chinese Democracy or This I Love and go hunt them out. Especially considering a lot of people didn't sit through the CD saga and moved on with the line up change.

Right, which is probably a good reason they're playing 4 songs off of CD. A large majority of people attending these shows didn't pay close attention to the CD saga. I don't see the harm in trying to expose throngs of people to the songs they missed out on the first time around. That's not to say that some people haven't bought tickets because certain members are missing, certain songs are or aren't being played, or ticket prices are just too dang high. But they're still selling boatloads of tickets and I didn't witness one unhappy customer leaving Gillette Stadium the other night or at the hotel following the show. Quite the opposite. So they must be doing something right.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I bet quite a few casuals in attendance think some of the CD songs are new songs. I haven't watched all the shows obviously but I've noticed some CD songs get some unusual crowd pops during the show when the intros start. I hope the GNR camp take that as a sign that crowds are certainly open to hearing new material.

Gibbo wrote:

And about the brian may version there's a fair chance slashs hasn't heard that version

I have a feeling he heard it back in...let's say....early 2006. tongue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

And about the brian may version there's a fair chance slashs hasn't heard that version

I have a feeling he heard it back in...let's say....early 2006. tongue

Beta played it for him before she threw him out?

OH wait that was 2005 I think....man to think we could have had this reunion then....

Board footer