You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Official band pic

Ragnar wrote:

DJ is the worst lead guitarist this band has ever had no contest even Robin Finck is ten times better than him dude flat out sucks. Any beginner with 3 month practice can play DJ`s stuff.

johndivney wrote:
war wrote:

six am is slightly different music. my 6 yera old could play some of their stuff but it still appeals to that kind of listener.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sixx:Am might be easy to play, but Ashba has created his own sound, and every guitarist would kill for his own sound. What else, my theory is that he picked up a couple of ideas from Chinese Democracy sessions - the changes he did between the 2nd and 3rd Sixx:Am album is a good example. Slash haven't done any of interest since Illusion IMO.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

Sixx:Am might be easy to play, but Ashba has created his own sound, and every guitarist would kill for his own sound. What else, my theory is that he picked up a couple of ideas from Chinese Democracy sessions - the changes he did between the 2nd and 3rd Sixx:Am album is a good example. Slash haven't done any of interest since Illusion IMO.

by creating his own sound are you including his writing or just his lead guitar parts?

when you compare guitar playing alone slash destroys him IMO

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

DJ is the worst lead guitarist this band has ever had no contest even Robin Finck is ten times better than him dude flat out sucks. Any beginner with 3 month practice can play DJ`s stuff.

I don't disagree that he was a pretty bad fit for the band but the bolded part is completely untrue and only someone who has never played guitar would say that. Ashba does have some chops.

That said, he still sucked 16

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I don't disagree that he was a pretty bad fit for the band but the bolded part is completely untrue and only someone who has never played guitar would say that. Ashba does have some chops.

That said, he still sucked 16

No, he does n`t, he`s a subpar pleyer, below average. Paul Tobias > > DJ.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

DJ is the worst lead guitarist this band has ever had no contest even Robin Finck is ten times better

There's a big difference between Robin 2002 and Robin 2006 though.

Aside from looking more rock in 2006 he seemed to be able to play a bit better, if you go back and watch a few 2002 boots its actually quite shocking how badly he plays some of the older songs. By 2006 it was more "adding his own interpretation" but in 2002 it's more like "can't carry the melody or play fast enough". By 2006 he was trolling but in 2001 I think he was just fresh from the circus 16

DJ I get the sense that he's a crafted player rather than a natural talent. He plays like someone who studies the instrument and adds in styles of stuff he liked. Much like how his visual appearance is a combination of a few famous things blended together. He's not a very original player but at least he knows the source material! I think people underrate him because that sense of facsimile is so apparent - he's sure not a guitar hero but audio-wise he isn't as bad as people say either.

As for Slash, I find it odd that people could enjoy DTJ but hate the guitar lines in Anastasia, they enjoy Lies but dislike By The Sword, they like Don't Damn Me but hate Wicked Stone.....are you sure you're listening to the guitar parts not the vocals? 18 big_smile

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

She's useless up there. I see her dancing around flopping her stupid blue hair playing keyboard parts I can't hear, for songs that don't need keyboards.

Yep, I'm not a fan of hers

But she's a GIRL. Aren't you supposed to like her by default. 14

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

DJ is the worst lead guitarist this band has ever had no contest even Robin Finck is ten times better

[Finck] was just fresh from the circus 16

It's a joke, yea, but it's also true. & should never be forgotten or forgiven whenever his memory is brought up.

It's a fucking disgrace actually. The guy was a fucking clown. We shoulda realised at that moment, if not sooner, old uncle axl had lost the plot & abandoned ship. NiN + the circus to GnR lead? What the fuck were we thinking that this was acceptable?! It boggles the mind thinking back on it.. I guess part of it is the faith axl inspires, but really we should've known Better..

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

She's useless up there. I see her dancing around flopping her stupid blue hair playing keyboard parts I can't hear, for songs that don't need keyboards.

Yep, I'm not a fan of hers

But she's a GIRL. Aren't you supposed to like her by default. 14

She's the 2016 version of Tracy & Roberta. Nice eye candy (if you're into skinny J-pop looking chicks), but completely pointless and unnecessary up there

Every time I see her in anything to do with this line ups successful run, it just pisses me off 10

Board footer