You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

johndivney wrote:

Do Download insert exclusivity clauses? I don't think they do - from memory I think Metallica played shows the year they did Download?

If you're a festival, where's the appeal in paying the premium if you're not getting exclusivity?

There were a few stadium acts in England this summer. I'd imagine GnR will light upon the same sorta venues. City of Manchester Stadium n the like.
When was last time Wembley hosted a concert tho? Don't they usually use Milton Keynes Bowl or what have you? Obv Wembley is more iconic & GnR have history there, I just can't remember last time I saw it advertised for a gig. I could well be wrong tho as I'm not up to date on these things.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Do Download insert exclusivity clauses? I don't think they do - from memory I think Metallica played shows the year they did Download?

If you're a festival, where's the appeal in paying the premium if you're not getting exclusivity?

There were a few stadium acts in England this summer. I'd imagine GnR will light upon the same sorta venues. City of Manchester Stadium n the like.
When was last time Wembley hosted a concert tho? Don't they usually use Milton Keynes Bowl or what have you? Obv Wembley is more iconic & GnR have history there, I just can't remember last time I saw it advertised for a gig. I could well be wrong tho as I'm not up to date on these things.

You could very well be right.

I was having a look back at the history of bands playing Download and I have yet to find one that played Wembley as well. I think one played Clapham Common.

I'm fairly confident on Download. So what I will need to do is to go back through the stories that mentioned Wembley and find out where they go their information from.

There is no history either of a band playing Download and The Isle of Wight Festival, but there was a Download France last year, which could be a potential second date

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Bild reported some Wembley shows in April, but that would have been based on AEG plans which never came to fruition, so we can rule that source out

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

There is going to be a Download France again, so that has to be a probable second date

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The Download Festival will be the only UK date on the circuit being booked right now. No stadium dates

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

sp1at wrote:

The Download Festival will be the only UK date on the circuit being booked right now. No stadium dates

That's shit if true.

I remember GNR playing a load of arena dates a month after Download in 06. Whether that has any relevance to a potential Wembley date who knows.

Maybe the recent AC/DC tour stopping at Olympic Park and City of Manchester is a better indicator?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
sp1at wrote:

That's shit if true.

I remember GNR playing a load of arena dates a month after Download in 06. Whether that has any relevance to a potential Wembley date who knows.

Maybe the recent AC/DC tour stopping at Olympic Park and City of Manchester is a better indicator?

Obviously, the reality is noone will truly know anything until the dates are officially announced. But for my part, I am happy to assume this information is true just now until I can prove otherwise.

As dates are being booked just now, I'll have a poke around the next few weeks to see what I can pick up.

Like you said, getting a Livenation template for a similar band would be a good starting point. I think ACDC are AEG so I would not use them. Livenation are more playful when it comes to booking venues, more variety, so it will be harder to predict.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I heard the same thing in 2006, was it about an exclusivity clause from the Download organizers? Guns had more UK dates a month after Download, tho.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I heard the same thing in 2006, was it about an exclusivity clause from the Download organizers? Guns had more UK dates a month after Download, tho.

Yeah, that could happen. They could do a circuit, then return further down the road.

johndivney wrote:

Are they more Hyde Park than Download these days? Is the fan base?
Again tho, they've history with the place so no question really, if they are only doin one UK show.

I still don't think it's likely they'd only do the one UK stadium - never mind England but pass on Scotland r Wales/Millenium stadium.. Doesn't make sense for live nation to limit themselves by making Download exclusive.
Defo would return, prob announce Download first mind.. It's relatively early in the summer too.

Tbh the prices of tickets for the tour, a festival gig would maybe work out better value

Board footer