You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

sp1at wrote:

Ernst Happel Stadion, Vienna - http://www.oe24.at/musik/pop-rock/Stone … /248557144

San Siro, Milan - http://www.radioselene.it/multimedia/po … a/6258.htm , http://ciociariareport24.it/2016/08/23/ … ono-basta/

Confirmed by band as innacurate - Hockenheim Ring, Germany, Sept 2017 - https://www.ticketbande.de/konzert-tick … s-tickets/

Selesian Stadium in Poland looking for a big booking for the re-opening of their stadium  - Stadium completion date -  June 15th 2017

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Some site mentioning GN'R concerts for Prague and Vienna in 2017 for trips from the Ukraine. Dates to be announced soon

https://vk.com/gnr2017

There's a strange addition that there might be some focus on the Use Your Illusion albums for the tour (unless I am reading it wrong). Odd.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There's a strange addition that there might be some focus on the Use Your Illusion albums for the tour (unless I am reading it wrong). Odd.

If I should hazard a guess... They've so far had around 9 AFD songs (out of 12) in heavy rotation. They may wish to cater the European crowds by shaking things up with more sprawling songs like Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up and Breakdown. Less about the hard rock nostalgia and more about their further musical development. Would also be more fun for them.

Wanted to ask you about tour routing and longevity.

They're getting back on the road fast next year. The Japanese tour leg is starting on Jan 21st, followed by Oceania through the first three weeks of Feb. Canada might also be a possibility before the summer, should they want to keep busy.

The European tour leg would be likely to be built around festival appearances like Download. Past tours suggest a timeframe from late May to late July. After that, it seems to be pretty open season; they've toured all their usual haunts. One would imagine the sheer scale of the tour restricts them somewhat, they can hardly do one-offs with that production without a huge overhead.

Perhaps an optimal solution would be to have the tour pave way for an album for Christmas 2017. They could get back on the road early into the following year and do it all over again.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

After that, it seems to be pretty open season; they've toured all their usual haunts. One would imagine the sheer scale of the tour restricts them somewhat, they can hardly do one-offs with that production without a huge overhead.

I am completely ignorant of the logistics/revenue behind it, but could that be a time to do an "intimate" series of smaller shows to mark the AFD 30th?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Gotta be honest, if Download is the only UK date I might just head over to Dublin for the inevitable Ireland show...

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

If I should hazard a guess... They've so far had around 9 AFD songs (out of 12) in heavy rotation. They may wish to cater the European crowds by shaking things up with more sprawling songs like Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up and Breakdown. Less about the hard rock nostalgia and more about their further musical development. Would also be more fun for them.

Wanted to ask you about tour routing and longevity.

They're getting back on the road fast next year. The Japanese tour leg is starting on Jan 21st, followed by Oceania through the first three weeks of Feb. Canada might also be a possibility before the summer, should they want to keep busy.

The European tour leg would be likely to be built around festival appearances like Download. Past tours suggest a timeframe from late May to late July. After that, it seems to be pretty open season; they've toured all their usual haunts. One would imagine the sheer scale of the tour restricts them somewhat, they can hardly do one-offs with that production without a huge overhead.

Perhaps an optimal solution would be to have the tour pave way for an album for Christmas 2017. They could get back on the road early into the following year and do it all over again.

All we have so far is the Download date which is 9-11 June. I would imagine there will be about 20ish dates around this date. I cannot see the band stretching too far beyond that in one stint. If we can get one other date, it might give a ballpark time frame. Download was announced last October, so that could be a clue as to when dates will be announced.

With regard to recordings etc.. I know nothing.

Sky Dog wrote:

again, I hold no hope for new music unless Slash and Duff work on Axl's existing vault. It really only needs to be Slash as he will be the big selling point. Where is the time going to be to do this? Divorces, AC/DC tours, huge shows across the world. It is simply money making time boys. New music won't make any money no matter who plays on it so it gets put last.

I guess it is best to enjoy what we have. hmm

Sky Dog wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

again, I hold no hope for new music unless Slash and Duff work on Axl's existing vault. It really only needs to be Slash as he will be the big selling point. Where is the time going to be to do this? Divorces, AC/DC tours, huge shows across the world. It is simply money making time boys. New music won't make any money no matter who plays on it so it gets put last on the list of priorities..

I guess it is best to enjoy what we have. hmm

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

This article is linking GN'R to San Siro and Rock in Roma for 2017, (I think)

http://www.spettakolo.it/2016/08/17/tou … onfermate/

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
sp1at wrote:

All we have so far is the Download date which is 9-11 June. I would imagine there will be about 20ish dates around this date. I cannot see the band stretching too far beyond that in one stint.

20ish dates would roughly translate to 50-60 day itinerary. That's pretty much in line with what they'd done in the past. I agree that it's doubtful they'll overstep their mark. They want to make money instead of spending it.

elevendayempire wrote:

I am completely ignorant of the logistics/revenue behind it, but could that be a time to do an "intimate" series of smaller shows to mark the AFD 30th?

They currently have, what, 20 trucks? A club tour to commemorate AFD (with Izzy and Adler) would be a hoot. Slash would prolly love to do it. But that would be a decisively different animal from the epic NITL tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

again, I hold no hope for new music unless Slash and Duff work on Axl's existing vault.

Axl wants his stuff from the CD sessions to come out, eventually. He's said so himself and he's still mighty proud of the work done.

Sky Dog wrote:

It really only needs to be Slash as he will be the big selling point. Where is the time going to be to do this?

Depending when they want to release things, really. Slash can come up with solid things relatively quickly. His stuff can be done in a week or two. it's Axl who might take forever in combing the guitar parts.

They could amalgamate Slash to a number of CD2 songs in the space of a month, if they wanted to.

Sky Dog wrote:

New music won't make any money no matter who plays on it so it gets put last.

Quite so. Which is why I got into thinking, when would this tour come to an end? At that point, it's a judgment call for Guns - either retire all pretensions and collect the pensions, or forge ahead, with a new album excusing them for another tour in 2018.

Board footer