You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rio Olympics 2016

James wrote:

I agree....about most sports actually but definitely the Olympics....the corporate whoring has ruined it.

Australian athletes were robbed of various items, including their Zika jackets and have complained of clogged toilets and exposed wires in the Olympic Village.

Pathetic.

johndivney wrote:

Australians being robbed?!

johndivney wrote:

Canada has a beach volleyball team.

They lost 2-0 to the hosts. They were noble in defeat, made a proper contest of it despite the final score.

johndivney wrote:

A friend of mine was running in the 1500m quarterfinal heats last night. Came 2nd in her heat. Running again tomorrow night.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

They're going really well imho.  Swimming was great. Only complaint to me is in America I think NBC's coverage is a bit spotty. Last night they did a cheesy glossover of the mens long jump, it came off like a bad episode of American Ninja Warrior or cable wrestling.  But then when womens boating won the showed a full celebration and the entire National Anthem ceremony in full.  I felt they could have added a few more jumpers & drama as opposed to the 3 jumps they showed.

That's cool JonDivney, I'll keep an eye out if I can. I think I might have seen a bit of one of those races. Saw the womens heptation last night, interesting.  Some hotties out there 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pretty awesome Olympics for GB so far. To be ahead of China (just) at past the half way stage is incredible.

Board footer