You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Tim Palmer's two days on CD

Ragnar wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Smokin', I think the cd era is well behind us....now is the cash cow era. Good luck getting any new music from any new lineup.

In a nutshell, this is true. There won`t be any new Guns` music be it "CDII" or completely new material written from scratch with Slash and Duff untill Axl says so.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Call MIKE CLINK and make the fucking album.

lance

lance wrote:

Apex Twin your historical post and synopsis on the CD era are the best thing about GNR on the internet. Thank you so much.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Call MIKE CLINK and make the fucking album.

THIS

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm hopeful something will surface.

Slash postponing Myles is a very good sign.

When you consider even DJ did a better remix....it would actually be kinda nuts to assemble a band like this and not do anything.

johndivney wrote:

Dodged a bullet. U2 suck. ATYCLB is horrible, full of typical vacuous phony bullshit.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Dodged a bullet. U2 suck. ATYCLB is horrible, full of typical vacuous phony bullshit.

It surely would've been better than Caram and Axl mixing it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

When you consider even DJ did a better remix....it would actually be kinda nuts to assemble a band like this and not do anything.

Axl at the Chinese Exchange wrote:

We are working on new stuff, but like I said a long time ago, I don't know if soon is the word.

I've got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff.

They like it, and they might be on it, we don't know (as of yet)...

I do want to put out more music with Guns N' Roses. I don't know if that has to do with Slash or not underneath the Guns N' Roses thing, but if he and I write something, or he wants to play on something that we have, that'd be great.

Axl has about 22 songs from the CD sessions (mostly written in '98-'01). Many of these songs are likely to feature vocals from that era. There should be some strong singing there.

Slash and Duff can adapt to CD material and improve upon it.

The downside is that everything aside the vocal tracks might need to be scrapped and re-done, to have it sound organic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Z2ACGNO7A

Axl wrote:

I didn't have to tell Slash anything about working on the Chinese Democracy songs or how to play them. He just embraced them and worked really hard on them.

Apollo
 Rep: 1 

Apollo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If he didn't wanna do it why go down there in the first place...basically a waste of a day for all concerned

Pretty funny story tho

He probably thought that Axl would show up at the agreed upon time (and not a couple hours late) and that they would be working on more intensive work than Axl just recording a syllable at a time.

Apollo
 Rep: 1 

Apollo wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Axl at the Chinese Exchange wrote:

We are working on new stuff, but like I said a long time ago, I don't know if soon is the word.

I've got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff.

They like it, and they might be on it, we don't know (as of yet)...

I do want to put out more music with Guns N' Roses. I don't know if that has to do with Slash or not underneath the Guns N' Roses thing, but if he and I write something, or he wants to play on something that we have, that'd be great.

Axl has about 22 songs from the CD sessions (mostly written in '98-'01). Many of these songs are likely to feature vocals from that era. There should be some strong singing there.

Slash and Duff can adapt to CD material and improve upon it.

The downside is that everything aside the vocal tracks might need to be scrapped and re-done, to have it sound organic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Z2ACGNO7A

Axl wrote:

I didn't have to tell Slash anything about working on the Chinese Democracy songs or how to play them. He just embraced them and worked really hard on them.

What do you think is the most realistic outcome?
1. Completely new and fresh album from the boys
2. Axl has Slash and Duff add their magic to the 12 best remaining CD songs
3. A dual album. Axl turns in the 8 best remaining CD songs, and then Axl/Duff/Slash come up with four songs of their own.

Board footer