You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Tim Palmer's two days on CD

Smoking Guns wrote:

Apollo, good to see you. Seems like it has been a while. I would like option 3!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel a duel album is likely - sort of how this tour Slash is given Coma in the setlist to please him, and Slash learned the Chinese songs to please Axl.

Imagine they'd do the slash-approved songs of CD2 and then maybe Axl would do 1-2 brand new songs with Slash.

That's the dream anyway!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I am going to go against the current of fan opinion and say that they may release a track or two for a soundtrack album/single but I am not expecting nor believe we will get another album from this group. CDII may just leak sometime in the future when their careers are all said and done.

This tour is a big cash grab, but a worthy cash grab. These guys deserve this money to go on and do what they need to do for the rest of their lives.

I expect Axl to work on a film score and tour with AC/DC, perhaps record some new stuff with Angus and Co.

However, the forces that drove these men apart were forged by the creative egos of S & A. I'm not convinced they have repaired their once solid friendship enough to knuckle down and write something together as a band.

If Izzy returns in a writing capacity, everything changes.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I am not expecting nor believe we will get another album from this group.

Same. Axl said everything he needed to say at the China Exchange.

If you listened closely, he said that the record company is still a barrier to releasing new music. I also think his comments about Slash playing on new material could be fairly interpreted as "if this reunion doesn't work out, I have that music saved up for a rainy day".

killingvector wrote:

If Izzy returns in a writing capacity, everything changes.

I don't think that will ever happen.

The vibe I get is Izzy doesn't like "working for" Axl. He's not going to put up with any of his bullshit.

I also think that Izzy has much of a creative ego as Slash or Axl.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I am not expecting nor believe we will get another album from this group.

Same. Axl said everything he needed to say at the China Exchange.

If you listened closely, he said that the record company is still a barrier to releasing new music. I also think his comments about Slash playing on new material could be fairly interpreted as "if this reunion doesn't work out, I have that music saved up for a rainy day".

Wow, I didn't get that impression at all.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wow, I didn't get that impression at all.

Which part? I'm guessing the second?

I don't think it was malicious on Axl's part but he also said that the whole thing could explode. He said he wants to release it either way. So if it doesn't work out okay, release it, if it does and Slash wants to play on it, cool. It was a very Switzerland answer.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

If he didn't wanna do it why go down there in the first place...basically a waste of a day for all concerned

Pretty funny story tho

He probably thought that Axl would show up at the agreed upon time (and not a couple hours late) and that they would be working on more intensive work than Axl just recording a syllable at a time.

Nah fuck that...I disagree

Axl is the one who dictates...not some random producer...I'd never even heard of Tim Palmer until this thread started ... the power players make the rules .... not the employees

Maybe the "syllables" became Scraped?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

If you listened closely, he said that the record company is still a barrier to releasing new music.

Why would that be the case though? Why wouldn't any label  want to release an album with Axl and Slash?

I wonder the extent to which GNR's demands from the label are unrealistic - like 1990s style marketing budgets not taking account of 20teens style record sales.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why would that be the case though? Why wouldn't any label want to release an album with Axl and Slash?

From the China Exchange interview:

Axl Rose wrote:

“The heads of the music industry realize that for their business, why deal with a band? All they need is a star and a producer. They don’t even care who writes what or what it sounds like. They could be a genuine fan of music, say, the music company president, owner, whatever. But when it comes to their business, it doesn’t have anything to do with that.

It just has to do with what’s going to be the easiest, what’s going to make the most money, and make the company and the shareholders happy and stuff like that. I can respect that … but as an artist and a musician and working with bands, it doesn’t help me at all, and i don’t think that it helps music. It doesn’t help the bands become self-sufficient and successful, they’ve got to work a lot harder because the labels are more worried about themselves making money.”

Why risk losing money on new music when there is a cash cow ready to have it's tits milked off?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

On the other hand, what could be easier than releasing a 15 year old album? 16

I dont even remember that part of the interview about the label. That doesn't scream confidence.

I still think we're getting a compilation just in time for the holidays.

Board footer