You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: GNRSucks.com (Closed due to bike update etc)

Tommie wrote:

I didnt mean that we should abandon GnR.  Of course the GnR board would be the main board.  But I know for me personally, it seems like a hardly ever post in this section as compared to the off topic sections.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

As for www.gnrsucks.com, until that happens at either MYGNR or HTGTH, then it won't make a difference.

Sure it does. That site closing down in 06 got media attention and played a big role in the late 06 backlash and Axl finally speaking.

Don't assume that the "big boys" hold all the power.

That would be gnronline.it and a very clever marketing plan in my opinion. Closed the site down, that generated news and links through major sites and then re-opened a few months later. Google et al crawl the web, notice Rolling Stone etc linking to GNRonline.it and instantly assume that the site is relevant. Those "big" links have done nothing to hurt gnronline.it wink

I have to disagree with Ataris comments. MyGNR and HTGTH closing down wouldn't influence Axls decision to give a press release. Do you honestly think Axl will be bullied into giving a press release because a few geeky webmasters have closed there sites? I'm a geeky webmaster myself so no disrespect to eric and jarmo, but there sites closing down would have zero effect on the GNR camp. Fans would simply flock to new sites like cd.com, newgnr, evolution, gnrdaily etc........

Eric wont close his site, Google Ads generate income for his pocket y'know. Jarmo wont close his site because he has his foot in the door with both the band and label.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Another one bites the dust..

AtariLegend wrote:
downliner wrote:

I have to disagree with Ataris comments. MyGNR and HTGTH closing down wouldn't influence Axls decision to give a press release. Do you honestly think Axl will be bullied into giving a press release because a few geeky webmasters have closed there sites? I'm a geeky webmaster myself so no disrespect to eric and jarmo, but there sites closing down would have zero effect on the GNR camp. Fans would simply flock to new sites like cd.com, newgnr, evolution, gnrdaily etc........

Eric wont close his site, Google Ads generate income for his pocket. Jarmo wont close his site because he has his foot in the door with both the band and label.

I'm not saying Axl would announce a release date, but it did it wouldn't be good if either of those two sites closed down, and I know they won't close, but if they did...

- Half the news that comes about GNR comes from message boards, that gets put onto bigger sites, they help keep the band in the media in a minor way at least.

- HTGTH gets coverage on Blabbermouth when GNR stories turn - MYGNR is the only forum, that still gets 40+ people active at once time on a GNR message board.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

Yeah but does GN'R CARE about that exposure?  All I get from the camp is that they want us to leave them the hell alone.

Maverick wrote:

Yeah but does GN'R CARE about that exposure?  All I get from the camp is that they want us to leave them the hell alone.

I do know the sites are read by certain people in the GNR camp.   I do think that they would be a bit affected, their only lifeline is the forums because that is the main fanbase they have.   They themselves may not agree but I really think that if all the forums shut down, I think they would lose a ton of fans because then no one would really give a crap.   It'd be out of sight out of mind, because they aren't in the news at all to be in mind.

It is mind boggling how the fanbase is treated.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's hard out there for a GNR fan.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

It is mind boggling how the fanbase is treated.

I don't know why we don't get more updates, etc.

It seems a little odd to me. I mean Bumblefoot especially has the utmost respect for the fans and I get the same vibe from all the other members in the band. I know they all have great respect for Axl and want him to be happy and all that, but it seems strange still. Axl is sometimes turned off by all the negative people on the boards, which I understand.

People expect more and sometimes that's definitely not right. It just seems like everyone (including Axl) is tightlipped, so I don't know if he can't talk about things for some odd reason or he's just choosing to keep everything underwraps.

Part of the reason Axl and GNR have always been cool is because they have this mystique and ambiguity around them, so in some ways its good. You don't want to oversaturate the world with GNR. You want to keep barriers up no matter what.

So in some ways it's beneficial and good, but when it's bad it's BAD. I'm sure people get me on that one.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

You don't want to oversaturate the world with GNR.

they are sooo far from doing that 17

Board footer