You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNRSucks.com (Closed due to bike update etc)

bucketfoot wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

It is mind boggling how the fanbase is treated.

I don't know why we don't get more updates, etc.

It seems a little odd to me. I mean Bumblefoot especially has the utmost respect for the fans and I get the same vibe from all the other members in the band. I know they all have great respect for Axl and want him to be happy and all that, but it seems strange still. Axl is sometimes turned off by all the negative people on the boards, which I understand.

People expect more and sometimes that's definitely not right. It just seems like everyone (including Axl) is tightlipped, so I don't know if he can't talk about things for some odd reason or he's just choosing to keep everything underwraps.

Part of the reason Axl and GNR have always been cool is because they have this mystique and ambiguity around them, so in some ways its good. You don't want to oversaturate the world with GNR. You want to keep barriers up no matter what.

So in some ways it's beneficial and good, but when it's bad it's BAD. I'm sure people get me on that one.

I'd say BBF is the greatest when it comes to fans, with the tour blog he gave us, it gave us a little insight to the behind the scenes antics of the band and for that I am grateful.

I also know that Axl frowns upon the negativity of some of the fanbase but on the flip side it's hard not to get frustrated.   He could turn the negativity around with most if he did decide to update us, sure you'd still have the eternal negative members no matter what but MOST people would turn right around and get completely positive.

AtariLegend wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Yeah but does GN'R CARE about that exposure?  All I get from the camp is that they want us to leave them the hell alone.

I do know the sites are read by certain people in the GNR camp.

...And posted on by more than one.

Anytime this topic does come up, people seem to forget that they get flayed anytime they say something, do you guys really want an update such as... "Soon Is The Word" every few weeks.

AtariLegend wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Yeah but does GN'R CARE about that exposure?  All I get from the camp is that they want us to leave them the hell alone.

I do know the sites are read by certain people in the GNR camp.

...And posted on by more than one.

Anytime this topic does come up, people seem to forget that they get flayed anytime they say something, do you guys really want an update such as... "Soon Is The Word" every few weeks.

No one says they have to say soon, just say something.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

I don't need a weekly "We love you guys!  Stay tuned..." from the official GNR website or anything.  But some amount of transparency would be nice.

Tell us what's going on with the album.  If you don't know when it will be released or why it's delayed again tell us.  If you can't tell us because of "legal reasons", tell us that.  Just communicate! 

Of course I don't think they "owe" us anything, it's our decision to follow GN'R and buy the music (if it's ever released).  But this is just a basic PR standpoint to increase sales.  If you have a loyal fanbase that will guarantee you sales, treat them well to maximize profits.  ESPECIALLY since the only cost for positive PR with us would be the cost of the website, as it would only take a few words to keep us satisfied.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

Part of the reason Axl and GNR have always been cool is because they have this mystique and ambiguity around them, so in some ways its good. You don't want to oversaturate the world with GNR. You want to keep barriers up no matter what.

So in some ways it's beneficial and good, but when it's bad it's BAD. I'm sure people get me on that one.

Bolded Point: It's not cool and it doesn't have an essence of mystique. It's lame. REALLY FUCKING LAME. Any fan of a band would take constant news great updates and service any day over "mystique".

Italicized Point: Oversaturate, some people I've talked to thought Axl was fucking dead. Mate, don't warn GNR about oversaturation they do the opposite, using that as a point to defend the band gets you nowhere. They want to keep up barriers? Barriers isn't the word, they're tucked inside a fort with mile thick walls and ready to kill anything that gets within 300 mile radius of said walls. These ain't barriers these are fortified defenses straight out of fantasy worlds. Nothing about the new band is good, and don't say the leaks because they are really old, boring and stale now.

Underlined Point: It's not good or beneficial in anyway, all this gets us is three guest tracks on a washed up eighties/nineties metal singer's solo album and knowing that one our favourite bands is pretty much the biggest joke in the music industry today. And it's not when it's bad, IT is always bad.

First post in this section for a while and all negative.

To be honest I respect that site owner for closing his site down. I give use a 6 months more of silence before it get's worst than the last one.

Maverick

Maverick wrote:

I agree with a lot of what you said but definitely not the part about the leaks.  I still listen to and love all of them.  That's why I'm so god damned frustrated with the situation!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

The leaks are what made me want Chinese Democracy even moreso than the stuff we heard in 2001 but it is also the reason I am pissed off.  The 2006 letdown was the THIRD damn time I was played for a fool and I'm not likely to run the next time I hear them cry "wolf".  Sure, I want the album but until I have it in my hands it's just more smoke being blown up my ass...again.

GNRSucks won't be the last forum to die if this shit continues.  We may be diehard fans but we are not diehard fucking idiots.  Treat us with some respect.  A simple update about something besides a stolen bike would be a good start.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Maverick wrote:

I agree with a lot of what you said but definitely not the part about the leaks.  I still listen to and love all of them.  That's why I'm so god damned frustrated with the situation!

No, I agree they are great songs. Don't get em wrong. But I've listened to them so much I have to take a break from them before I cna enjoy them again.

Maverick

Maverick wrote:

Oh okay.  I too have to do the same thing.  smile

Board footer