You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Still can't believe there won't be at least one stand alone date in the UK, regardless of Download.

No whispers on this sp1at?

I got a whisper on a Mid July date for London, but it is not something I can reference as nothing has appeared online. Let's get Download out the way first and see if the deal was pushed over the line.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

My money's on Oasis for one of the Glastonbury spots.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Download announced, and GN'R didn't feature, so obviously it has not worked out. One would probably assume Aerosmith will probably play Rock AM Ring and Hellfest (where it would make more sense)

So, we can probably focus on stadiums now

johndivney wrote:

Wow. That's cool for Biffy. I wouldn't be a huge fan but that's great they're in the headlining slot.

& yea good news for guns fans on the mainland. Without festival exclusivity then stadiums will be the way to go.

On the matter of Dublin/Croke Park: it seems that only 3 concerts are allowed to be held at that venue every year (you might remember a few years ago Garth Brooks was due to play 5 dates there but ended up playing none because of that restriction?). Well Robbie Williams is due to announce his stadium tour dates this coming Monday & I'd imagine he might play Croke Park. If he does that's him & Coldplay & then only 1 other. Will see..
If they're not playing festivals it does open the slight possibility they could play Belfast.. Springsteen played here at the Kings Hall a few years back (30,000 or so).

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wow. That's cool for Biffy. I wouldn't be a huge fan but that's great they're in the headlining slot.

& yea good news for guns fans on the mainland. Without festival exclusivity then stadiums will be the way to go.

On the matter of Dublin/Croke Park: it seems that only 3 concerts are allowed to be held at that venue every year (you might remember a few years ago Garth Brooks was due to play 5 dates there but ended up playing none because of that restriction?). Well Robbie Williams is due to announce his stadium tour dates this coming Monday & I'd imagine he might play Croke Park. If he does that's him & Coldplay & then only 1 other. Will see..
If they're not playing festivals it does open the slight possibility they could play Belfast.. Springsteen played here at the Kings Hall a few years back (30,000 or so).

It'll be Aerosmith, then Alter Bridge on the Sunday, exactly the same as three years ago. There's no way that was planned at the beginning. But, as you said, it works out better for everyone if GN'R play stadiums in the UK. Andy is getting a bit of flak for the line-up, shame. If he'd waited a bit longer, Bon Jovi probably would have played, they are announcing in a few weeks.

I thought Robbie was at the Aviva, but I could be wrong.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I am not sure, but there is something about the Download line up that makes me feel like there is something else. Financially, it is a light line up. Rock am Ring is a light line up as well.

It might not be related to gnr but I might have a look at it. I just dont think we have the full story

johndivney wrote:

Re: Robbie Williams/Aviva
Good stuff: I'll take that as another indicator/confirmation they're playing Croke Park..

Re: Download
Similar thoughts crossed my mind also. It has the look of a "Plan B" about it. It is actually a sensible lineup: biffy bring the kids, system of a down will bring the parents of some of the 'special' kids & Aerosmith will bring the grandparents..
That Sunday repetition does look like they maybe had someone else pencilled in on the oldies headline slot.

Is Jon Bon Jovi flexing his ego, going up against GnR? Bit tasteless if so..

The festival lineups all seem to be taking on the same story: no GnR. Obviously GnR are willing to do it themselves if the festivals won't pony up, or perhaps they were simply testing the waters. There's a few other possibilities the rumours were wrong - maybe they are doing other festivals, or another reason: long term the festivals will always be there but will GnR's ability to play/sell out stadiums on their own be there?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Fingers crossed for Croke Park!

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

GN'R linked to Graspop (promoter links to Hellfest)

http://festileaks.com/2016/11/komt-guns … ce=twitter

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Europe tour to kick off in Ireland according to

http://www.sportsrageous.com/entertainm … our/55840/

Board footer