You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

No you're ok, that's what SG & I are referring to. I was just taking this moment to clarify what he was intending to do, & that he'd just posted it in the wrong thread by mistake.

But the fact that SG is fb friends with arch idiot/troll milo yiannopoulous broke my heart a little. I really thought he was better than that.. such sadness.

OHHH, yes I posted in the wrong thread. I have no clue who that person is on Facebook. Ha, I just saw the shared video.

Generation Y is not a real generation but was a parody of the generation shit. I think it was a made up thing. Not sure.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think it was buzzsaw.. does he carry/wear a snotrag/handkerchief?

It was absolutely buzz, sorry for the confusion.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Who is a non-millennial on this board?

Technically everyone born before 1981.

So maybe James, SLC, Smoking or I guess Randall tongue.

I was born in 1971.

Randall was born in 1955 I think. (that's what I heard anyway)

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Surprising...

Trump Supporter Jeanine Pirro Defends Hillary Clinton Over FBI Announcement

Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro came to Hillary Clinton’s defense on Sunday, criticizing FBI Director James Comey over his recently announced investigation into new emails relating to the former secretary of state.

“Comey’s actions violate, not only long-standing Justice Department policy, the directive of the person that he works under, the attorney general,” the former prosecutor said, referring to Loretta Lynch’s reported disagreement with Comey, “but even more important, the most fundamental rules of fairness and impartiality.”

A vocal supporter of GOP nominee Donald Trump, Pirro said Comey’s decision to announce the investigation so near Election Day reminded her of her own experience while running for New York attorney general in 2006. She called a DOJ investigation into her practices at the time “mean-spirited, and of course, nothing came of it except the adverse publicity cost me at the polls.”

“What was done to me in 2006 was wrong, and what happened to Hillary Clinton was equally wrong,” Pirro said. “Now this nation has already gone through an exhausting and traumatic campaign season. The FBI director should not now be front and center.”

Clinton’s campaign and Senate Democrats are calling on Comey to clarify the nature of the investigation out of concern that it is being misused for political purposes. “This is the biggest political scandal since Watergate, and I’m sure it will be properly handled from this point,” Trump said at a rally on Friday.

Comey’s decision to announce the investigation so close to the election also alarmed Richard Painter, who served as the chief ethics lawyer in the White House under George W. Bush from 2005 to 2007. Painter announced Sunday in a New York Times op-ed that he had filed a Hatch Act violation complaint against Comey. The act prohibits employees of the executive branch from engaging in political activity.

“I have spent much of my career working on government ethics and lawyers’ ethics, including two and a half years as the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, and I never thought that the F.B.I. could be dragged into a political circus surrounding one of its investigations,” Painter wrote. “Until this week.”

misterID

misterID wrote:

Was he doing it intentionally to impact the election? I'd hate to say yes. Would he have done it if a fellow Republican was in the lead? I would hope so. But everyone defending him in the press are also saying that their sources are saying there was nothing in the emails. If he caved to his party because of criticism because he didn't find anything, that's a little easier to believe. There was no need to announce what he did. Even republicans are saying that unless they found a bombshell, you follow protocol and conduct your investigation and announce what you find. He announced there could be something significant, but it could be nothing because they haven't investigated it. He's interfered with Tue selection when he didn't need to, and to go further, because he did it knowing what his statement would do.

He should step down. If he thought he was making the right decision, he was wrong, it was irresponsible.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

You still have your fucking hard-on for me?  You know you really took someone down hard when they just can't let it go in spite of the fact I've hardly said a word in weeks. 

Yuck it up with you and your one supporter.  So many people have been laughing at you for months now that there's no way you'll ever recover from it.  Good day.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is mind boggling to a point... which makes me think there MUST be something there for him to open this back up... or strictly a cover your ass moment for in case some shit comes up after she is elected...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Cramer wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Who is a non-millennial on this board?

Technically everyone born before 1981.

So maybe James, SLC, Smoking or I guess Randall tongue.

I was born in 1971.

Randall was born in 1955 I think. (that's what I heard anyway)

November 5, 1955. That's the date time travel was invented, so it all makes sense.

I don't get the whole generation thing. Technically I'm a millennial since I was born in 82, but I graduated high school before 9/11 and college before Facebook.  I remember picking up the phone to call a girl to ask her out. To lump me in with someone who was born in 2000 is tanatamount to comparing someone born in 1850 with 1950. Completely different world.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It is mind boggling to a point... which makes me think there MUST be something there for him to open this back up... or strictly a cover your ass moment for in case some shit comes up after she is elected...

He hasn't seen the emails to know.

I think he fucked up to cover his ass but made the wrong move. Or he did it on purpose. I imagine he'll explain more before election or step down.

I think this whole thing blows over with little damage. It will make the race closer but won't change result. Maybe this goes from a Clinton blowout to just a big win.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Fuck, sorry guys, I pasted the wrong link on the Maher clip. No wonder there was confusion... Here's the real thing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/billmaher/st … 72/video/1

Go to 3:23. Scary accurate.

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:

You still have your fucking hard-on for me?  You know you really took someone down hard when they just can't let it go in spite of the fact I've hardly said a word in weeks. 

Yuck it up with you and your one supporter.  So many people have been laughing at you for months now that there's no way you'll ever recover from it.  Good day.

You have your head so far up your own ass...

Maher: "people complaining about Trump and Clinton being equally bad aren’t cynical, they’re just uneducated and apply their brainpower to “bullshit.”

Board footer