You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty much all analysts on all networks seem perplexed by Jerome Powell’s latest rate hike.

He’s Trump’s appointment, so that’s no surprise.

Lol he was already in the fucking board. You act like they brought some outsider in.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty much all analysts on all networks seem perplexed by Jerome Powell’s latest rate hike.

These hikes are a consensus vote. This isn’t just Powell doing this on his own. It’s the Fed Members.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Defense Secretary James Mattis just quit. His resignation letter was pretty damning to Trump: You embrace authoritarian regimes and shit on our allies. That's not my bag, so I'm out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Lol he was already in the fucking board. You act like they brought some outsider in.

I’m still confused as to why you’re so preoccupied with this...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Defense Secretary James Mattis just quit. His resignation letter was pretty damning to Trump: You embrace authoritarian regimes and shit on our allies. That's not my bag, so I'm out.

That’s ok...they wanted this to happen. They don’t want qualified people on the team. They simply want yes men.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Are the wheels off the bus yet?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

He's worried about his livelihood?

We can go into inflation though, which would be much worse.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think Trumps gonna go all out desperation ballistic. Shut down the Gov't, say he saved billions by pulling out of Syria, ask why Dems aren't using the money saved for the wall, blame Dems, fire Mueller, claim it was all Dems, new AG approves of it, Gov'ts out on holiday session. He'll expect Americans to be tired of it all by January.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He was appointed to replace Janet Yellen as the head of the board. Trump could have reappointed her but he thought she was too short. Also, Powell is a Republican, so that helps. The majority of the board now is GOP-aligned.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Because 10 of the last 13 times the Fed did this tightening shit it led to a fucking recession. Is that what you want?

Board footer