You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Props to Mattis. He was my favorite appointment by Trump.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Props to Mattis. He was my favorite appointment by Trump.

What are you giving him props for? Quitting?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

The closer we get to the end of the year...the more desperate the republicans get...Mitch McConnell scheduling a vote today is real pathetic.

This campaign of villifying those who disagree is just weeks away from being vollied back. 11 days....times up.

Come January...times up. You’ve got

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't get why Trump caved to far right commentators?  Supposedly after was was going to let it go earlier Rush & Laura Ingraham began to bail on him, saying its a disgrace, so he turned course again. Republicans totally bailed on him with this Wall issue, hanging him out to dry days before Christmas & before they leave with no Wall. He was like 'Whuut?'  So now he throws a fit blaming Dems.

He should've gone moderate & begun to work a bit with Dems, changing towards the middle, supposedly Reagan had a bad 81-83 then changed course a bit in 84. Clinton got beat up alot until 95ish when the internet took off. I suppose Trump knows he needs than far right support when the Mueller probe comes down, or when he fires him.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't get why Trump caved to far right commentators?  Supposedly after was was going to let it go earlier Rush & Laura Ingraham began to bail on him, saying its a disgrace, so he turned course again. Republicans totally bailed on him with this Wall issue, hanging him out to dry days before Christmas & before they leave with no Wall. He was like 'Whuut?'  So now he throws a fit blaming Dems.

He should've gone moderate & begun to work a bit with Dems, changing towards the middle, supposedly Reagan had a bad 81-83 then changed course a bit in 84. Clinton got beat up alot until 95ish when the internet took off. I suppose Trump knows he needs than far right support when the Mueller probe comes down, or when he fires him.

I do...i think Fox News and talk radio have more influence on him than his cabinet and advisors.

It’s pretty simple to me...he knows pleasing them (the conservative media) means they say good things about him to the masses.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Is this the third time the republicans shut down the government in the 2010s?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016, at the height of the presidential campaign, leaving an electronic record to support claims that Cohen met secretly there with Russian officials, four people with knowledge of the matter say.

During the same period of late August or early September, electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency picked up a conversation among Russians, one of whom remarked that Cohen was in Prague, two people familiar with the incident said.

The phone and surveillance data, which have not previously been disclosed, lend new credence to a key part of a former British spy’s dossier of Kremlin intelligence describing purported coordination between Trump’s campaign and Russia’s election meddling operation.

The dossier, which Trump has dismissed as “a pile of garbage,” said Cohen and one or more Kremlin officials huddled in or around the Czech capital to plot ways to limit discovery of the close “liaison” between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The new information regarding the recovery of Cohen’s cell phone location doesn’t explain why he was apparently there or who he was meeting with, if anyone. But it adds to evidence that Cohen was in or near Prague around the time of the supposed meeting.

Both of the newly surfaced foreign electronic intelligence intercepts were shared with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, people familiar with the matter said. Mueller is investigating Russia’s 2016 election interference and whether Trump’s campaign colluded in the scheme. Mueller also is examining whether Trump has obstructed the sweeping inquiry.

McClatchy reported in April 2018 that Mueller had obtained evidence Cohen traveled to Prague from Germany in late August or early September of 2016, but it could not be learned how that information was gleaned.

More:

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest … 16820.html

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016, at the height of the presidential campaign, leaving an electronic record to support claims that Cohen met secretly there with Russian officials, four people with knowledge of the matter say.

During the same period of late August or early September, electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency picked up a conversation among Russians, one of whom remarked that Cohen was in Prague, two people familiar with the incident said.

The phone and surveillance data, which have not previously been disclosed, lend new credence to a key part of a former British spy’s dossier of Kremlin intelligence describing purported coordination between Trump’s campaign and Russia’s election meddling operation.

The dossier, which Trump has dismissed as “a pile of garbage,” said Cohen and one or more Kremlin officials huddled in or around the Czech capital to plot ways to limit discovery of the close “liaison” between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The new information regarding the recovery of Cohen’s cell phone location doesn’t explain why he was apparently there or who he was meeting with, if anyone. But it adds to evidence that Cohen was in or near Prague around the time of the supposed meeting.

Both of the newly surfaced foreign electronic intelligence intercepts were shared with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, people familiar with the matter said. Mueller is investigating Russia’s 2016 election interference and whether Trump’s campaign colluded in the scheme. Mueller also is examining whether Trump has obstructed the sweeping inquiry.

McClatchy reported in April 2018 that Mueller had obtained evidence Cohen traveled to Prague from Germany in late August or early September of 2016, but it could not be learned how that information was gleaned.

More:

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest … 16820.html

Where did all the trump apologists go? Why aren’t they telling us how this all means nothing?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

More Steele Dossier confirmation.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Yeah, as soon as I read the first sentence or two I thought "Wasn't Michael Cohen the guy who claimed he never went to Prague & they were pushing the fact it was a DIFFERENT guy named Michael Cohen who must've been staying there"

lol, nice try on that one.

Board footer