You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Let's not forget Cohen had a dozen or so burner phones when his office was raided. Perhaps he is telling the truth that it wasn't him (unlikely), but then it would be somebody else in the Trump organization using one of his phones to do shit they should not have been doing.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Trump world:

Shut down the government over the wall to keep illegal immigrants out.

At the same time an investigation is underway about illegals who worked at Trump's properties that were supplied with fake green cards and other papers by management.

This is who the Republicans are standing by. Lindsay Graham has a new Daddy now that McCain has passed too. I saw him on TV today saying he felt better about Syria after Trump "reassured" him of some things.  SMH - what could trump reassure anybody about?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

People think Mexicans take Americans jobs. They really don’t. But the Indians, Chinese, Middle Eastern folks do.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People think Mexicans take Americans jobs. They really don’t. But the Indians, Chinese, Middle Eastern folks do.

That’s because businesses hire them.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

They are cheaper.

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

They are cheaper.

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

If Trump really cared about the hiring of illegals then he’d go after the people who hire them...

Why hasn’t he done that yet? ? it must be easier to vilify people who can’t defend themselves.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Worst year for the market in a decade. But hey, we got a couple extra bucks in our paycheck thanks to that “tax cut.” Too bad my 401K losses dwarf any gain in my paycheck.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

You know what’s ironic about Trump shutting down the government over his Border Wall? Deportations have virtually ceased because immigration courts closed.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You know what’s ironic about Trump shutting down the government over his Border Wall? Deportations have virtually ceased because immigration courts closed.

That is the ultimate irony...of course there have been a lot of those.

I wonder how he’s going to get out of this....more Americans Blame him for the shutdown than anyone else.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ It'll be interesting tomorrow. My guess is House passes funding with the $1.3B, so will Trump ultimately even sign it, or hold off demanding $5B.  My guess is he will & he'll lose that battle in the eyes of the public ASAP & probably sign it Friday afternoon saying 'We got the Wall started, we'll finish it later in the year but we just wanted to get people back to work'.

Board footer