You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hannity must be on vacation, Flagg hasn't posted in a while.:o

/burn

Here....I'll engage you...

It seems like Trump is baiting the Dems into pursuing impeachment. I'm not sure if he thinks the Dems are too big of pussies (which they usually are) to follow through or he seems to think this will help him somehow.

I will say this...a Republican from the Senate coming out could open up a deluge.

I've often thought that the Republicans would only get rid of him if they had a back up plan. Or if he'd served his purpose. Perhaps getting rid of him in time for 2020 is ideal. They can participate in the primary season knowing full well Trump is not going to be back.

But who knows...all I know is Trump sucks. He's everything I hate in a leader. He's blustery, takes credit for things other people have done, blames other when things go wrong. He's so fuckin' lazy too. Outside of pep rallies and meeting with the media, he does nothing but tweet and go golfing.

Some people really love that shit...clearly. They're easily distracted by this guy who walks around and claims victory over everything. They love bluster with no follow through.

Another thing I've considered is while there are things about being president that Trump clearly likes...he'd be president until his mid-late 70s if he won again. How much life could he have left? My guess is he'd rather spend it getting fatter and fucking around on his wife.

At some point, he may become satiated to all of this...and decide he wants that old life back.

One more thing...I think the Dems best strategy for the foreseeable future is to punish everyone who tries to protect Trump. I don't know exactly what's in their power and what isn't. I do know that in the eye of public opinion...I think they'll grow weary of one person after another ignoring Congress. If you have nothing to hide, you'd do it. Hillary did....how many hours did she sit up there answering questions, stupid questions?

Trump's support has deteriorated in the midwest. I wonder how he looks in Pennsylvania. That's the simplest path to victory for either side.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hannity must be on vacation, Flagg hasn't posted in a while.:o

/burn

Nope. Just no longer interested in posting and reading the same messages after 2 years.

Nothing I Post is going to alter the discussion or opinion of anyone else. So why bother?

You and the other two will call me a Trumpkin and say I parrot Fox News. You’ll post inaccurate and false claims, ignore my posts when I explain why you’re wrong, Mitch will shitpost and scream “MAGA” every 3 posts, and the truther will pop in every 3 weeks and tell us he’s finally figured it out. Smoking Guns will justify his vote for Trump and talk about the fed and interest rates, Buzz will talk about healthcare and how all of you are hypocrites for bitching about “this” action but remained silent or supported “that” action. I’ll post entirely too long blog entries on my phone that no one cares to read.

It’s the same bullshit for over 2 years. Thanks, but no thanks.

It was meant tongue in cheek. This threads been slow for last week or so

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hi guys!

Watched an interview with Kamala Harris yesterday. She comes off as the teacher everyone hated.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

RF, don’t let me be the only poster here that isn’t an Ocasio Cortez Fan Boi

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What we need more of is loud, blustry men who don't deliver results.

When does infrastructure week start? Where is my cheaper healthcare?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What we need more of is loud, blustry men who don't deliver results.

When does infrastructure week start? Where is my cheaper healthcare?

Soon is the word

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who, us??

{meanwhile... us}
181031-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ac-541p_c45c242cecde65d8d4fe64d922ebb5a4.fit-760w.jpg

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

This is bad:  https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-cohe … 34419.html

Michael Cohen Filings Show 950 Messages With Russian Oligarch’s Cousin

'Five search warrants filed by Mueller’s office starting that July were unsealed Wednesday in federal court in Washington, D.C., detailing some of the early suspicions of Mueller’s investigators'

'The government was looking into whether payments from Columbus Nova to Cohen were connected to a plan to give then-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn a proposal to lift sanctions on Russia, according to the filing. Mueller didn’t bring any charges related to that inquiry.

“Telephone records related to Cohen’s cellular telephone show that on or about Nov. 8, 2016, the day of the presidential election, a telephone registered to Cohen exchanged the first in a series of text messages with the CEO of Columbus Nova,” according to one warrant seeking Cohen’s electronic communications. The two exchanged 230 phone calls and 950 text messages, it said.'

Sure, nothing fishy being uncovered. It's all over, since Richard Barr says its all over, so let's just drop everything.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Today wasn't a good day for Trump. Cohen cell phone records released, unlikely to hold his tax returns private, and bizarre angry press conference where he's obviously lying and wants soo badly to move on from this.

He's guilty.

I'm wondering if something happens Friday (day before a 3 day holiday weekend. You know, the type of news dump day Barr predictably chose to say he thinks Trump should be not charged)

Board footer