You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Nice pick for Defense Secretary. Good vetting process. Was that the same vetting that got Kushner his 'special favor' clearance?  Beats his wife, sticks up for his son after he hits drills own Mother with a baseball bat & knocks her unconcious. Sounds like the Beaver clan.

mitchejw wrote:

As far as people actually getting locked up? I'll believe it when I see it. The last thing I'd want is for him to be some sort of martyr. He deserves a lot of consequences but can you imagine the shit show and the circus the pursuit of justice would be on him? It would make the OJ trial seem like a kiddy stuff.

If he goes to prison, it'll be for far more than obstruction. What's the latest on the redacted version, is Barr still playing keep away like a 4th grader or has Congress won the court battle to see it?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Nice pick for Defense Secretary. Good vetting process. Was that the same vetting that got Kushner his 'special favor' clearance?  Beats his wife, sticks up for his son after he hits drills own Mother with a baseball bat & knocks her unconcious.

Isn’t this all a bit presumptive?  Do you have anything to support this narrative, or just gossip from far left forums and blogs?

It’s tragic and deeply embarrassing. The credible articles I’ve read, to include the official statement, the wife was arrested for domestic violence, and he refused to press charges. The cops obviously broke normal protocol by removing the wife, so maybe there’s something there to justify their decision. A man not pressing charges against his wife and attempting to keep it private, isn’t anything abnormal. If your partner beat the shit out of you, and police arrived to the report, would you want your colleagues and neighbors finding out?  Would you press charges against your female partner?

I know nothing about this man, so I have no opinion on his capability or performance as acting Defense Secretary. Maybe you do, but maybe you’re taking a cheap shot at a very embarrassing and private moment for a public figure.

I’m troubled at the notion the son beat his mother with a bat. But children of divorce often struggle and do horrible things, teenagers do horrible things, and maybe it was self defense. Especially if we accept the possibility she was previously violent towards her spouse.  Are you making the argument that because the son might be a piece of shit, his father has to be?

The only fuck up here is if Trump’s people brought this guy on and didn’t vett him. If they vetted him, knew about this and determined he didn’t bear his wife, that’s pretty shitty to demand punishment for being the victim of a crime. Newspapers trying to capitalize on this, if true, just demonstrate how worthless and combative American media has become.

Weren’t the top 3 Democrats in Virginia accused of blackface or rape?  Why did the media abandon that story.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Well, there is a 911 call where 'she' calls 911 and says her husband beat her. Yeah, possibly she's a headcase neurotic type, but do you want someone in a family like that being a strong decisionmaker to take this country to war with an inept President with zero military knowledge? I wouldn't.

Randall Flagg wrote:

The only fuck up here is if Trump’s people brought this guy on and didn’t vett him. If they vetted him, knew about this and determined he didn’t bear his wife, that’s pretty shitty to demand punishment for being the victim of a crime.

Uhmmm, no it's not. In todays #MeToo era, and with what Senate testimony just went thru with Brett Kavanaugh, there is no way I would nominate a guy with this background. It's just common sense. Pick someone else. Period.

Randall Flagg

I guess we disagree that the Kavanaugh hearing was the lowest point in American political history.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I guess we disagree that the Kavanaugh hearing was the lowest point in American political history.

In what way?  Are you saying you felt it was the lowest point?  Or are you saying you think I believe it was the lowest point?

Regardless, we just got thru it but jeez almighty let's not have nearly the very next appointee have a troubled history with a woman. That's all I'm asking for. And to do so knowingly it just reckless & stupid.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

TRUMP: I didn't ask Patrick Shanahan to withdraw his nomination. I just heard about his family troubles yesterday.

REPORTER: What does that say about the White House vetting process?

TRUMP: We have a great vetting process.

People defend this sh!t. The info was publicly available via court records search. Reporters found it. Didn't Trump even ask about his background or just hire him cause 'He's a good guy'.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

TRUMP: I didn't ask Patrick Shanahan to withdraw his nomination. I just heard about his family troubles yesterday.

REPORTER: What does that say about the White House vetting process?

TRUMP: We have a great vetting process.

People defend this sh!t. The info was publicly available via court records search. Reporters found it. Didn't Trump even ask about his background or just hire him cause 'He's a good guy'.

I’m watching CNN now, and the story is his wife called 911 claiming assault, but when the police arrived, she had no marks on her body, but his nose was bloody and he had a black eye. She was arrested and he refused to press charges.

Sounds like they vetted it, and realized it was just as bogus as Ford’s and Ramirez’s claims that both lacked a single witness and lacked a shred of proof. At least in this one there was evidence the wife was lying and the man was the victim.

Like I said, low point in American political history. Partisans weaponizing rape and assault allegations without any merit to damage political opponents.

Again, what happened to the Lt Governor of VA or Keith Ellison. The cameras and #MeToo advocates disappeared.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Do you seriously not think this wasn't a household full of hotheads? Look at the issue with the son, read that police report & his coming to the sons defense.

WT with a high paying civil service job.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Do you seriously not think this wasn't a household full of hotheads? Look at the issue with the son, read that police report & his coming to the sons defense.

WT with a high paying civil service job.

I have no idea, but I do know he was the victim of domestic assault and you think that disqualifies him from office. Remember that and stay consistent the next time a woman in power claims to have been assaulted. I’ll be waiting for your “hot head” evaluation and requests they step down. I’m sure you’ll be as consistent then as you are with obstruction and collusion with a foreign government.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

No, he's unfit to lead this country to war because there are now 2 incidenrs of police being called to the house for domestic assault. That means theres many more that may have went on. Secondly, his son bashed his wife/Mom with a baseball bat, knocking her out, and this guy defended his son saying it was warranted. Now he backtracked and said he didnt know the.full extent of her injuries

So what if his wifes nutso, she very well may be. The guy makes bad decisions. So did Donald Rumsfeld

Board footer