You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Yeah, be interesting to see if people come together. Either they are too far radical, or too mainstream. Id be curious how many staunch Bernie supporters didnt vote for Hillary.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

The country's most 'Transparent President" refuses to allow his former Communications Director to answer questions. lol, that's laughable.

She did not, however, have a copout strategy regarding the time spent on the campaign, and had to answer those questions. Jerry Nadler reportedly left and added that they did get some info of significance.

Transcripts will be released before the end of the week. Can't wait to read it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

and here, we, go... 

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

We have no Deefense Secretary, and no Press Secretary.  We might be attacking Iran, and we get this, reporters hollelring questions to a President who steps outside for a few seconds for a photo op,.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Trump: "Iran made a very big mistake"

Trump hours later: "Probably Iran made a mistake. I would imagine it was a general or somebody who made a mistake in shooting that drone down"

This guy over here   lol

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm no Trump fan, but the ("Probably Iran made a mistake. I would imagine it was a general or somebody who made a mistake in shooting that drone down") response is possibly the most rational and logical explanation I have heard for a very long time from a US President. I was honestly impressed with how he handled it.

Now all of that could go to shit if Iran produce evidence it was in their airspace.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm no Trump fan, but the ("Probably Iran made a mistake. I would imagine it was a general or somebody who made a mistake in shooting that drone down") response is possibly the most rational and logical explanation I have heard for a very long time from a US President. I was honestly impressed with how he handled it.

Now all of that could go to shit if Iran produce evidence it was in their airspace.

I’m not sure how you come to that conclusion. All i see is bluster and a lot of speaking without thinking or knowing the facts.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah Im confused too. We've been running drones in the middle east for 7-8 years or so. You think, coincidentally, that Iran "mistakenly" shot down a $200 million dollar drone, flying 30,000-50,000 feet in the air, just a week after striking a ship and days after Trump announced he'll send an additional 1,000 troops over??

As I said, I'm a bit confused anyone feels that way. "Mistake", not a chance.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you are confused or don't understand I guess some of you guys really are living in a bubble. You guys are flying along a hostile border in a foreign land that you sanction heavily. It only takes one disgruntled trigger happy general or whoever to land his country in this mess. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.

Also listen without bias to what he actually said. His response was appropriate and measured. Admittedly that may change in the coming days.

Regarding Trump not knowing the facts? Absolutely possible, but the reality is he is probably the most informed man on the planet right now.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Irish isn't saying that's what he thinks, but Trump didn't go all Lindsay Graham and want to start dropping bombs. He was actually being coy and reserved, which is surprising. I was shocked he didn't start saber rattling. He actually said he didn't want to get bogged down in another war. He's not only giving room to talks but, imo, putting our allies in a corner who do business with Iran, that he's giving them the benefit of the doubt. His response is probably why the stock market didn't plummet.

He's a big dumb man baby, but we can't go all MSNBC here.

Board footer