You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the way the House and Senate are set up?  If you do, you're asking a stupid question. If you don't, you should never open this thread again. 

It's set up the way it is to protect exactly what you want to happen from happening.

Of course i understand the difference....the house of all branches should reflect the will of the people.

Right now it’s the most worthless branch of government.

And fuck you for thinking so little of me that i wouldn’t understand that.

You still haven’t answered my question...why should i bother voting? The decisions have already been made and my vote counts 50 percent of what some others.

And your team is in charge of the most worthless branch.  Interesting.

Mitch, no need for you vote if you don't want to. What I think of you is a reflection of how you're behaving yourself in this thread. Either you're stupid or you're acting stupid. That's on you bro.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Pelosi needs an 'impeachment' remark ready to drop for a future Trump fail.

This racial tweet is idiotic. Had she punched back at 7am Monday morning saying "These comments were racist. Our country should not tolerate such a racist belief from the President of the USA, we are putting forth articles of impeachment immediately" Republicans wouldn't know what hit 'em.  And they'd have a heckuva time defending him on this one.

It's not something to delay, or discuss, she needs a knockout left hook ready to go & blindside them. (She's handled this all well, but she does need a killer blow ready just in case. For another time, kinda too late on this one)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Kind of hard to call Trump’s tweet racist and feign outrage when Pelosi couldn’t even get her party to unite against Omar’s repeated anti-Semitic remarks. Some Americans, myself included, think refugees that were welcomed from third world shitholes should be a lot more grateful and a lot less angry and vocal about how horrible a nation their parents and themselves had no part in building or supporting. But I’m just the common man, and don’t pretend that the “squad” are intelligent, informed, nor represent any sizable portion of American beliefs.

But yea, side with the woman who described 9/11 as “some people doing a thing”.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The words racist and racism have no meaning anymore. People literally have no idea what they actually mean it's been so diluted.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The words racist and racism have no meaning anymore. People literally have no idea what they actually mean it's been so diluted.

3 of them were born in the US. I don't even know if AOC's parents were born in Puerto Rico, they very well may be from NYC as well. Heck, Trumps parents I believe were born in another country. Did Hillary yell "If you don't like it go back to where you came from!" in 2016 when he said the US was a mess?

And 1989 Axl Rose said 'Go back to your country' however 2018 Axl didn't even release that song on his $500 box set.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Anyway my point isn't to debate this topic as much as it is Pelosi would be well served to have a left hook like this ready to drop. Trumps just following the Steve Bannon theory of set off a powder keg to divert attention from something else. After Acosta resigned, his immigrant roundup was a flop, so he pulled this. It's been intentional. Also wasn't Mueller supposed to testify today?  I take it that got pushed back a week.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

Anyway my point isn't to debate this topic as much as it is Pelosi would be well served to have a left hook like this ready to drop. Trumps just following the Steve Bannon theory of set off a powder keg to divert attention from something else. After Acosta resigned, his immigrant roundup was a flop, so he pulled this. It's been intentional. Also wasn't Mueller supposed to testify today?  I take it that got pushed back a week.

Tomorrow. I hadn’t heard if the week delay was confirmed, but don’t get your hopes up. Mueller has repeatedly told Nadler and Schiff he won’t say anything not in the report.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Not 'getting my hopes up', just saying Trump might be diverting attention from something. One thing which may come up, is 'Was he trying to investigate a case for obstruction, or did he not even bother since current admin policy believes they cannot indict a sitting President anyway. So it'd be a waste of effort'

(Hint: It's the latter)

Randall Flagg

Hint:  there was no underlying crime, so obstruction would be impossible to prove. And Democrats should be very careful how they tread, cause when Republicans ask why a Clinton funded Russian dossier was deemed credible, and all the “spying” on the Trump campaign occurred, it may not look good for them. The whole “Russian Interference” of $100k in Facebook ads occurred on Obama’s watch, and he did dick. And Democrats have yet to introduce any legislation to protect the 2020 election, so yea, tread lightly. Especially if they’re going to allow Omar and AOC to be the face of the party in the elections.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The whole “Russian Interference” of $100k in Facebook ads occurred on Obama’s watch, and he did dick.

I agree with you. He had a dilemna, announce to the public Russians are working to help Trumps campaign, and make it look like HE is interfering with the election, or let things ride out. In a typical Obama case of overthinking, he saw Hillary's lead in the polls, and made the decision not to announce this or make it public.

When Trump won, the info was passed along & investigations began. Which explained Trumps early on tweet about "I just found out Obama secretly wiretapped Trump Tower". because, as President, he is updated on activities in the intelligence community.

Also, I wouldn't view Mueller testimony as a win for Trump. Barr's been awfully silent since the reports release, and there could be a bit of gamesmanship among the two as Mueller was never happy Barr gave his own summary and not the summaries which were included in the report, nor how Barr essentially quelled the report as a whole.

Odd that Mueller initially stated he had no intention of speaking, then ultimately made the decision to speak. Interesting....

Board footer