You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

You literally just said you weren't holding a leftist psycho (a loon) to the same standard as a right wing terrorist (impressionable). They are all the same. The Columbine kids were YOUNGER and were not spurred by politics. They knew what They were doing. But the media and politicians used the moment to blame video games and Marilyn Manson, because they hated them. You're basically doing the same thing.

Antifa took over Portland and were pulling old men from their cars and beating them. If you can't call that out I don't know what to tell you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Only in looney land can someone who has never owned a gun be attacked for supporting gun rights...

misterID

misterID wrote:

I like the idea of firearms restraining orders. Basically anyone who makes a violent, credible threat, or committed violence, is placed on a terrorist list and will be denied a firearm.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Only in looney land can someone who has never owned a gun be attacked for supporting gun rights...

Yeah ok.  I never did heroin but I think it should be sold in supermarkets to kids 16 & up. Can't attack me, I said I never did heroin.

I never played Call Of Duty, but I think it should be banned.  Whoaaaa, don't attack me, I never played the game. Can't place any blame on me.

Thanks for proving you're just as dumb as the rest of us with that commentary.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

I like the idea of firearms restraining orders. Basically anyone who makes a violent, credible threat, or committed violence, is placed on a terrorist list and will be denied a firearm.

Don’t we already have this? Anyone convicted of a felony is prohibited from owning a weapon. Anyone convicted of domestic violence is prohibited from owning a firearm. Anyone presently under a restraining order is prohibited from owning a firearm.

The problem as we saw with the Texas church shooting a couple years ago, is that not all agencies and states want to report this information.

That’s why I asked PASnow if he knew how many people lie on their NICS form each year, and how many of them are actually prosecuted.

You can’t pretend to be tough on crime and want to end gun violence, then turn a blind eye to those who are caught in violation of the law.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

You literally just said you weren't holding a leftist psycho (a loon) to the same standard as a right wing terrorist (impressionable). They are all the same. The Columbine kids were YOUNGER and were not spurred by politics. They knew what They were doing. But the media and politicians used the moment to blame video games and Marilyn Manson, because they hated them. You're basically doing the same thing.

Bernie Sanders didn't laugh when it was suggested we shoot Congress I don't believe. I also never defended nor held any sympathy towards the El Paso shooter. Personally, I believe these folks need to be put to death. Quick, fast, in a hurry. Maybe about a year or two. Only reason not to is maybe it becomes a slippery slope again (Kill 10 people, kill 1) which could lead to false sentences again. But with video & definitive evidence of mass murder, there should be execution in my mind.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I see there's still transphobia in this thread. Neat. /s

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I see there's still transphobia in this thread. Neat. /s

We're having "Guns Leak Withdrawal" syndrome.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Don’t we already have this? Anyone convicted of a felony is prohibited from owning a weapon. Anyone convicted of domestic violence is prohibited from owning a firearm. Anyone presently under a restraining order is prohibited from owning a firearm.

The problem as we saw with the Texas church shooting a couple years ago, is that not all agencies and states want to report this information.

That’s why I asked PASnow if he knew how many people lie on their NICS form each year, and how many of them are actually prosecuted.

You can’t pretend to be tough on crime and want to end gun violence, then turn a blind eye to those who are caught in violation of the law.

This would extend to parents, teachers, doctors filing a restraining order. The Dayton kid was expelled for making kill/rape lists and had a reputation for that kind of behavior.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie Sanders didn't laugh when it was suggested we shoot Congress I don't believe. I also never defended nor held any sympathy towards the El Paso shooter. Personally, I believe these folks need to be put to death. Quick, fast, in a hurry. Maybe about a year or two. Only reason not to is maybe it becomes a slippery slope again (Kill 10 people, kill 1) which could lead to false sentences again. But with video & definitive evidence of mass murder, there should be execution in my mind.

He continues to speak of revolution, while praising some of the bloodiest revolutionaries like Castro, so you could easily make a link if you really wanted to.

Board footer