You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s gonna be Biden vs. Trump. I just don’t see anyone else getting enough to topple him all across the country. Yes, Warren and Sanders and maybe Harris and Mayor Pete might pick up some states, but Biden’s appeal is across the spectrum, across the entire country. Even some not too far right would support him.

This.

I really hope Amy Klobuchar is his choice for VP.

I just don't think the far left will rally behind the ticket without some kind of minority present.  Two white people will alienate the far left that is enamored with identity politics.  Klobuchar is ideally lockstep with Biden and Minnesota is almost a guarantee for Democrats.  Biden needs someone to excite the base.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Harris isn't popular, though. Not even in the black community. But you're probably right.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Process of elimation, not sure there's anyone else. Maybe a Governor, Tulsi Gabbard(?) Doesn't carry a state tho. Anyway Harris - No. Booker - meh, doubtful. Castro - Nope. Warren as VP, possibly but Klobuchar is more in step with Bidens moderate vote.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Process of elimation, not sure there's anyone else. Maybe a Governor, Tulsi Gabbard(?) Doesn't carry a state tho. Anyway Harris - No. Booker - meh, doubtful. Castro - Nope. Warren as VP, possibly but Klobuchar is more in step with Bidens moderate vote.

Gabbard has too much baggage and I don't think is a real candidate for VP.  Maybe Stacy Abrams is another candidate I've heard mentioned.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Gabbard has too much baggage and I don't think is a real candidate for VP.  Maybe Stacy Abrams is another candidate I've heard mentioned.

I agree, just throwing her name out there & suggested the Veep choice could be someone who is not running (Although a female & Klobuchar specifically are likely the top choice)

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Stacy Abrams is awful. I watched her governor's race up close and she is NOT a strong candidate. The fluff praise that's been heaped on her is laughable. And I think she blew that shot, anyway.

A lot of people are saying Amy K really helped Biden last night against Bernie, Harris and Warren.

Seriously, it's ridiculous Beto, Booker and Castro are sticking around. Yang might as well offer everyone ten grand to vote for him. 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You know the best chance for the Democrats to win?  They need to find their Trump.  They aren't going to beat him with anyone far left and they aren't going to beat him with a retread.  They need someone to come from nowhere and galvanize the base somehow because none of these people are going to do it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

We’ve heard so much during Trump’s presidency that it’s hard to judge what is truly significant anymore about his actions.

This seems to rise to the WTF level, but again it’s hard to tell anymore.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

We’ve heard so much during Trump’s presidency that it’s hard to judge what is truly significant anymore about his actions.

This seems to rise to the WTF level, but again it’s hard to tell anymore.

[/embed]

Can we find out what was actually said before the outrage?  It’s not like career officials have lied and exaggerated the past 32 months.

It’s his prerogative as the executive to say what he wants and feels is best. Obama has no problem “agreeing” to the Iran deal despite opposition from his own party and no support from congress. He had no problem telling Russia he’d have more flexibility after the election.  So for me to get upset about whatever Trump might have said, it has to be worse than that. I have a hunch it won’t be, but the left will howl anyway.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Supposedly he made a "promise" to a leader on Aug 1w. Around that time theres a list of about 5 leaders he was dealing with, incl Putin & Kim Jung.

He's seemed angry & arrogant lately, and with Bolton leaving just days ago this is not a good look.

I agree it could be partisan, but seems Trump is trying to keep it all under wraps under the veil of national security.

Board footer