You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

lol, Hey check out this old post I found from '74

buzzsaw wrote:

Will anyone wait for something to actually happen before declaring the 700th end for Nixon?

I've never seen so many people hellbent on a President Ford before...be careful what you guys wish for.

PaSnow wrote:

If Trump resigns, Thanksgiving weekend gonna be the weekend to do it. That or Christmas week, claim he achieved all he set out to do, fixed the economy, saved America from The Obama's, then pardon everybody & resign.

I highly, highly doubt at this point he can make it thru this.

I can't imagine him resigning ever. He's a huge narcissist, but mostly because the office also shields him from further prosecution, something that goes away once he's out.

On the other hand he's also a professional victim, so I could see him resigning so he can assume the martyr role and claim the "deep state" had it in for him, after all he did for us.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Will anyone wait for something to actually happen...

Do you read? Serious question.

There is so much happening, it's almost impossible to keep up.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Buzz, they are going to have to vote on this.

Can the GOP clearly say no crime/This For That occured?  Its really gotta be getting hard, considering testimony says he did it and essentially said it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yes.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

The GOP doesn't have a leg to stand on. If they did, they would not have pulled that stunt they did today storming into the impeachment depositions, under the guise of transparency, but ultimately blocking Laura Cooper's testimony. This of course was a the direction of Trump, yet another form of obstruction. Does this sound like a group of people who have any argument at all? They have none, so they want to muddy the waters and hopefully delay the inquiry as long as they can.

There is no denying a quid pro quo. None.

Just one of nearly half a dozen testimonies. This one by William Taylor is ultimately damning:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents … lor-1.html

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

That was such a diversion. Create a sideshow spectacle so they can call it a circus.

Didnt seem to work very much.. Maybe on Hannity it did:/

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Maybe both sides should commit to going ALL IN on Boltons testimony. He's about as neutral (read: Far Right!!) as we can ask for.

So, anyone else game?  Boltons testimony end up the be all end all to this mess?

Didnt think so, lol. He must be another 'Never Trumper ' yikes

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Will it impeach him? Nope.

I think they should concentrate on the election. It'd end up taking the same amount of time.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

He's not going to be convicted.  I know people with a hard-on for Trump will swear otherwise, but the Democrats have botched this.  3 years of screaming impeachment on bogus accusations have ruined their credibility.  Now Schiff met with the whistle-blower before he became one, Pelosi refuses to hold a vote on impeachment - despite ample history of doing so, and closed door proceedings and selective leaks, it ain't gonna happen.  Hell just today Biden had to apologize for calling the Clinton impeachment a "lynching", after immediately attacking Trump for using that word.  The hypocrisy is palpable.  Biden withholding money related to an investigation on a company his son was paid millions to work for is kosher, but Trump asking for assistance into crowdstrike - the only entity to see the DNC servers (they refused to let American law enforcement such as the FBI and NSA to see their server if you recall), and not withholding money (notice our impeachment friends never acknowledge this aspect of their quid pro quo claims) is somehow the nail in the coffin.

If you've been screaming "impeachment" for 3 years, you have only yourself to blame when the moment finally comes and no one believes you.  Run Biden in 2020 and you win the presidency.  If you foolishly put Warren or Sanders up there, you can look at the mirror when it comes time to assign blame.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Lets not worry about the crime, lets just worry about the possible impeachment.

Board footer