You are not logged in. Please register or login.

shutout52
 Rep: 0 

Re: US Politics Thread

shutout52 wrote:

I'd agree that even in an impeachment, he won't be removed from office. All you have to do is look back at the Clinton impeachment to see that party-before-country is the law of the land. Bill Clinton committed very obvious perjury. The Democrats basically said "Who cares? It wasn't THAT bad." Republicans in 1974 were all set to turn on Richard Nixon when it was obvious he was guilty. The Democrats didn't do it with Clinton and the GOP felt like they got a raw deal. Now because of that, the GOP won't do it with Trump. Party over country. It's why I'm an independent.

But regardless of removal, could enough damning evidence come out in a trial that would turn the middle-of-the-line/on-the-fence voters against him as long as the Democrats don't do something stupid like trot out an unbelievably-far-left candidate (which, unfortunately they will)? Election Day 2020 is only 369 days away.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Reports are Trump lied on the transcript, and that its not accurate. Apparently Trump mentioned the Biden tapes during the call but had it deleted out of the transcript.

If true thats going to hard to overcome. Nixon did 3 things wrong

1. Commited a crime.
2. Covered it up.
3. Lied to the American public.

Trumps done 3 things wrong:

1. Commited a crime.
2. Covered it up.
3. Lied to the American public.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Shutout52 the difference with Clinton is alot of people felt it was a personal issue, and unrelated to his governing. Therefore felt the whole thing never should've gotten the government involved.

Im sure it happened to other pols before, cheating on ones wife, but he was sorta the guinea pig of it on a national level. Even CEO's & business leaders. Its still up in the air, should they resign or is it a private matter? Just sayin'

This isnt that tho.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Shutout52 the difference with Clinton is alot of people felt it was a personal issue, and unrelated to his governing. Therefore felt the whole thing never should've gotten the government involved.

Im sure it happened to other pols before, cheating on ones wife, but he was sorta the guinea pig of it on a national level. Even CEO's & business leaders. Its still up in the air, should they resign or is it a private matter? Just sayin'

This isnt that tho.

It wasn't a "private" matter.  Clinton lied under oath and attempted to gaslight Lewinsky as a liar and nut publicly, on every media outlet he could.  His wife coined the term "vast right wing conspiracy".  And to many of us, this is no different.  3 years of "RUSSIA!!!!!!" all to be bullshit.  No quid pro quo happened.  Foreign relations are exclusively the power of the executive (read the constitution), and you haven't asked Biden to step down for doing the thing you accuse Trump of.  When you acknowledge the farce that was the Mueller investigation and your political heroes who condoned it, maybe we can talk.  But until then, it's partisan bullshit, no different than Clinton.  Except Clinton(s) objectively and admitted to committing a crime.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Geez, President Pelosi is probable. Not rooting for it, but its almost hard to see it not happening. Pence is tied up in this, and CNN wrote about how the House & Senate would need to approve a different last minute VP swap.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No

i mean, how else does this end?

No way Trumps removed but Pence is in the clear. Zero shot

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Come on, man, the Senate is not gonna convict Trump.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No

i mean, how else does this end?

No way Trumps removed but Pence is in the clear. Zero shot

You think for a second, the GOP would not only convict Trump, but Pence too, to hand Pelosi the presidency?  To say nothing of that your scenario is impossible, as Pence would appoint a new VP once he assumed the Presidency.

JHC. Let me know what dispensary you’re getting your weed from. I may make the 5 hour drive to Philly.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

JHC. Let me know what dispensary you’re getting your weed from. I may make the 5 hour drive to Philly.

Ok, that was pretty funny. & its called Mitchejw I picked it up out in Vegas

Board footer