You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are tax returns so important to everyone?? I don’t give 2 shits how much money mayor Pete has. None of my business.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think Warren makes it past South Carolina.

It would take agreeing on what constitutes wealth, but changing SS from a pension to an insurance for the wealthy, meaning they don't get checks, only an account for if something catastrophic happening. But also, wealthier folks will have to take a cut. And we need a junk food tax.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump is pivoting to Health Care.  Democrats refused to even propose single payer in 2009.  He's going to be running on a better version of the ACA that allows for reasonable plans, no details given.  Ultimately, it could lead to a compromise with the House in 2021 that nixes the mandate, but expands coverage for lower income through medicaid.  That's the only politically solvent situation.  Toss in Ivanka's maternity leave bill for good will, and you have a tenable bill that can get through both houses.

The Democrats can't really wheel anyone out to say "this person was fucked by Trump" on healthcare.  It's all hypothetical.  No one wants to negotiate, so Democrats are pleading worse case scenario to voters, should no one act and SCOTUS rule a very specific way.  So when you balance what Trump is saying, versus Bernie, it becomes a hard pill to swallow.  Sure, the moderates are more appealing on Health Care to the masses, but what are they going to say that is substantially different than what Trump wants?  I'm genuinely asking.

The only realistic solution to SS is to increase taxes.  But first you'd need legislation to get through both houses.  It's unlikely the Democrats capture the Senate, about as likely as the Republicans getting the House.  So you have to be realistic on what can get through, even if you end up with a total sweep, cause of the filibuster.    And I don't know how you get a solvent bill to fund SS through taxation. 

We seem not to give a fuck about the national debt anymore.  As a nobody, I feel no impact or change due to the national debt.  Neither party seems to give a fuck.  I fully support a Warren style wealth tax, but I don't know how that gets through congress, let alone the courts.  Some issues aren't solvable until it becomes a crisis.

You will. feel the pain...I'm sure you've experienced the pain of maxing out a credit card...we will feel it soon. The political fun will be on who to blame it on.

I'm sorry but you cannot trust Trump on healthcare...nor can you with any Republican.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think Warren makes it last South Carolina.

It would take agreeing on what constitutes wealth, but changing SS from a pension to an insurance for the wealthy, meaning they don't get checks, only an account for it something catastrophic happening. But also, wealthier folks will have to take a cut. And we need a junk food tax.

The Dems are straining out the weak....good for them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yang is out.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yang is out.

Sad

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Why are tax returns so important to everyone?? I don’t give 2 shits how much money mayor Pete has. None of my business.

Cause he hasn't paid taxes since 1995.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Highly concerning what’s going on in the Stone case.

This is the shit that happens in third world countries

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What do you mean?  Barr's going to address it as soon as he can. 

(Next month).

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What do you mean?  Barr's going to address it as soon as he can. 

(Next month).

I can’t tell if you’re joking.

I think 4 prosecutors resigned over what appears to be trump intervening.

Board footer