You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’d also like to add that this alleged centrist is being supported by far right wingers in Congress.

Random Trump and his far right wing Republican supporters (mostly white men i might add) will never have my support.

And look...after Bernie has won a few primaries you already see him as more of a threat than the guy who is caging immigrants and running up massive deficits.

Trump has picked a fight with way too many of his fellow Americans.

If/when he’s re-elected he will double and triple down on his attacks on fellow Americans.

He will tout his record on the economy but I’ve gotta tell ya....i see and feel no difference in the real world and in real life. And honestly why should i give a fuck about unemployment rates? Especially when Trump supporters disregard any of these numbers prior to November 2016.

Like Bloomberg says....Trump is a self promoting carnival barker.

Maybe we’re just in a declining Republic with too many elderly people. A generation that  went from peace, love, dope to fuck immigrants.

Quite frankly, I’m for anything...political candidate or otherwise that throws these baby boomers off the bus.

They were peace and love until they grew up and learned life doesn't work that way.  Sorry to tell you this but the boomers were you when they were younger.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can handle Trump's pardons, not Bernie's executive orders.

Those are all left wing talking points and white man guilt.

Well that's a shame...but then let's be real...you were never going to vote for a Democrat.

You think Trump is damaging the country?  Get Bernie in there and you'll see real damage.  The rich aren't going along with giving their money away bro...you need to understand this.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Of course I would. And Bernie's not a Democrat.

This is semantics for those of us seriously considering voting for Bernie. If I vote for Bloomberg, I'm voting for Trump lite. The Democrats aren't offering much alternative...at least traditionally.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can handle Trump's pardons, not Bernie's executive orders.

Those are all left wing talking points and white man guilt.

Well that's a shame...but then let's be real...you were never going to vote for a Democrat.

You think Trump is damaging the country?  Get Bernie in there and you'll see real damage.  The rich aren't going along with giving their money away bro...you need to understand this.

The rich are already raping us...and if you're ok with the scraps they're leaving behind then Bernie ain't ya man...I get it...

The rich are hiding their money in other countries. If you wanna cater to that...do it. The rich leverage everything in this country until they own everything.

The rich destroyed the tax code through Trump...and America was thrilled with that if you believe what Trump tells you.

Let's break the 4th wall on this though...what good is money if you're always hiding it and not using it? If these assholes would rather take their ball and go home than play the game (unless they create the rules) then they are the plague on this economy. Not the guy that builds houses...not the guy that serves veterans....not the electrician....not the teacher.

A billionaire whose money is not in the system somehow is lost anyway.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I’d also like to add that this alleged centrist is being supported by far right wingers in Congress.

Random Trump and his far right wing Republican supporters (mostly white men i might add) will never have my support.

And look...after Bernie has won a few primaries you already see him as more of a threat than the guy who is caging immigrants and running up massive deficits.

Trump has picked a fight with way too many of his fellow Americans.

If/when he’s re-elected he will double and triple down on his attacks on fellow Americans.

He will tout his record on the economy but I’ve gotta tell ya....i see and feel no difference in the real world and in real life. And honestly why should i give a fuck about unemployment rates? Especially when Trump supporters disregard any of these numbers prior to November 2016.

Like Bloomberg says....Trump is a self promoting carnival barker.

Maybe we’re just in a declining Republic with too many elderly people. A generation that  went from peace, love, dope to fuck immigrants.

Quite frankly, I’m for anything...political candidate or otherwise that throws these baby boomers off the bus.

They were peace and love until they grew up and learned life doesn't work that way.  Sorry to tell you this but the boomers were you when they were younger.

That's fair...but then again...no it's not...

A generation born into the best economic boom in the history of the country, then very quickly decided by the time they were 40 that sharing was no longer convenient for them doesn't inspire me. Just like Brexit...a generation of people benefited from this...then they wanted to cash out. The baby boomers have taken more out of the system than they put in. Now they're strangling the US economy with their votes and economic perspective.

Shit's getting top heavy...and no one cares that my generation is being strangled to death.

Can you possibly imagine why we are not so inspired by the traditional 'do nothing' centrist?

If Bernie solves the student loan debt issues he'll be considered a success...and if he harps on that he will draw out voters that Trump could never dream of touching.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

People need to stop with the "democracy is under threat" and he's a dictator. He's been a fool but no one's rights have been taken away.

Well, I'm not so sure. The whole phrase "Fake News" has gotten 50% of the public to believe Trump had no connection whatsoever to Russia during the campaign. He's had 6 or 7 campaign staff indicted over it, as well as his own lawyer in Cohen. He's likely going to pardon Stone, he fired Session & Comey and latest 2 or more DNI & Intelligence heads. There's been others, but the point is that the crimes are all around him like a moat, but he keeps firing & replacing with his own people to coverup & deflect.

Pa...the investigation exposed a ton of illegal behavior by Trump associates but none of it had to do with Russia or the campaign.

That's why people reject it...some people say, the government would never have known about these illegal activities if they didn't investigate Russia conspiracies in the first place.

What they're saying is: yeah what they did was illegal, and a lot of illegal shit surrounds Trump...but the stock market is up and I don't care.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's not semantics, he's literally not a Democrat, and doesn't contribute to down ballot democrats nor share his info to other democrats.

There's no such thing as a "do nothing" centrist, only the hardliners do nothing. My way or the highway isn't accomplishing anything.

Baby boomers accomplished everything that's made your life possdible. Show me the great contribution of millennials to the country.

And please stop saying people are against immigrants. You can be anti illegal immigration and pro immigrants.

I honestly don't know where you get your news, man, but I'd try a different perspective for a while.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's not semantics, he's literally not a Democrat, and doesn't contribute to down ballot democrats nor share his info to other democrats.

There's no such thing as a "do nothing" centrist, only the hardliners do nothing. My way or the highway isn't accomplishing anything.

Baby boomers accomplished everything that's made your life possdible. Show me the great contribution of millennials to the country.

And please stop saying people are against immigrants. You can be anti illegal immigration and pro immigrants.

I honestly don't know where you get your news, man, but I'd try a different perspective for a while.

Ok fine...he's as much a Democrat as Rand Paul is a Republican...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

People need to stop with the "democracy is under threat" and he's a dictator. He's been a fool but no one's rights have been taken away.

Well, I'm not so sure. The whole phrase "Fake News" has gotten 50% of the public to believe Trump had no connection whatsoever to Russia during the campaign. He's had 6 or 7 campaign staff indicted over it, as well as his own lawyer in Cohen. He's likely going to pardon Stone, he fired Session & Comey and latest 2 or more DNI & Intelligence heads. There's been others, but the point is that the crimes are all around him like a moat, but he keeps firing & replacing with his own people to coverup & deflect.

Did "fake news" end democracy?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Did "fake news" end democracy?

There's no such thing as fake news. There's just stuff you like to hear and stuff you don't.

Board footer