You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Trump passes that stimulus he wins the election. Game over.

Why? Didn’t help the republicans in 2008.

I agree. This is March, and if he resorts to this whats left for him to enact?!  I also think Healthcare & Trumps removal of ACA/pre-existing conditions clause becomes a bigger factor.

Yeah, it's March and Bernie is going to take this to the convention.

Everyone but Biden on the Democratic side hyped replacing Obamacare, they both have heavy-lifting in regards of Healthcare.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think you're viewing it with rose colored glasses. There's talk of a global recession. I agree Joe isn't by any stretch a great candidate. I'd say 3rd or 4th best of the original Dems in hindsight, but often times, due to the way our system & primary works, the safest candidate sometimes gets thru. It sure doesn't make him a lock, look at Mitt 2012, John Kerry 2004, McCain 2008, Dole (?) 1996.

I just think to say Trumps going to win, when 4 weeks ago his best shot at re-election was The Economy, well the economy has shit the bed. And there's no telling yet on how the US is handling the pandemic, but there's signs of stupidity out there. For starters, Trump started by calling it 'A Hoax', and there's video of that. Second, Fox News already has taken a drastic turn on their coverage, as well as the WH becoming far more enforcing, signs that early indictors show the trajectory is on a frightening path, and someone talked alot of facts & data into them. Idiot Rush was a member of the conspiracy pact, and I had numerous FB friends who seemed influenced by this rejection of truth.

Third, controversies always lag, and the WSJ did a piece that Jared Kushner was in charge of this pandemic response, and early on dismissed it himself as 'carried away'.  Later, his brothers father in law, who's a doctor, posted on a Facebook group asking other doctors how they would handle it, saying he had an inside route to the WH. He since deleted the post but someone screen shotted it.

Lastly, its easy to say 'scrap some of Obamacare', but getting rid of the mandate means people won't bother getting insurance until they need it, which doesn't work for the insurance companies as that business model won't work (Oh, I have cancer or a heart problem, let me go sign up for insurance today!). Hence, it'll fall apart & go back to the old way, people turned down due to guess what, 'pre-existing conditions'.

This is so ridiculously naive.  Let's just start at the bottom for simplicity's sake (I'm lazy and there's too much BS in there to bother scrolling through).  Do you actually think people weren't waiting to buy insurance until they were sick with Obamacare?  Please tell me you don't believe that and you're just hoping nobody is going to call you to the table on it.

The economy shit the bed because the liberal media has spread illogical fear and panic.  People had coronavirus or something awfully close to it last year bro...in the US - how many people do you know that had a bad cold that wouldn't go away for a while, but tested negative for the flu?  Think about it....  Eventually everything will come out.  But when forced to do something because too many people were in full-blown panic mode, he's delivered and continuing to deliver.  He's winning the economy in spite of all the efforts to derail it.  He sees the damage being done and instead of sitting there and accepting it as collateral damage as you seem more than willing to do, he's helping actual people.  Interesting concept.  I'm sure you had other ridiculously biased points above that, but I'm not wasting my time scrolling up when I need to be protecting myself against coronavirus.

I stopped reading at ‘liberal media’

Go watch some more Fox News...they’re replaying episodes from a few weeks ago when they were all verbally master bating about the stock market.

lol, like Morgan Stanley, Vanguard, Wells Fargo & other banks with trillions in assets on Wall Street listen to Joe Scarborough in the morning and decide their day while drinking their wakeup cup of Starbucks.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

Yep, instead of sitting there like a pussy, he's doing something about it. 

But this is how I know I got you...you pick 3 words and can't even contemplate touching the rest of it.  Good day!  Keep hiding.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

The stock market isn't the economy, though. 19

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

But this is how I know I got you...you pick 3 words and can't even contemplate touching the rest of it.  Good day!  Keep hiding.

Wtf are you talking about? You just like to hear yourself speak.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

Tell a trump supporter that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

He's winning the economy

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

They were probably the 3 most 'backfired/foot in mouth' words written by any human on the planet today. Have a nice day! big_smile

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

"Winning the economy"???   

It's gotten lower!

Tell a trump supporter that.

Or a Trump hater big_smile